Monday, 15 March 2010

Butterfly sketch

This is my card for the following challenges:

I started with making an old stamp new again, which is the butterfly stamp. I bought it over 12 months ago and I think I've used it once, so this was a good opportunity to dust it off and give it another outing. It's been stamped with black Stazon then I've blended Weathered Wood and Faded Jeans Distress Inks around the edge. I've mounted this onto a piece of card that's had Scattered Straw and Tea Dye Distress Inks blended around the edge. The swirl is a Stampin' Up stamp from the Baroque Motifs set which I've stamped in Tea Dye. The word is from the same set and is also stamped in Tea Dye. I used an EK Success Spiral punch across the bottom and added some twine. The pale background paper is Basic Grey and I've blended some Tea Dye ink around the edge. I've use a Crafty Individual stamp and stamped with Tea Dye ink around the corners. The blue paper is My Minds Eye and I've rubbed Weathered Wood and Faded Jeans around the edge.


The border punch across the centre is a Martha Stewart punch and I've rubbed more Tea Dye over the the centre strip of paper.
Well that's another Monday over and done with, they seem to come round so quick ! Time to get some shut eye as it's an early start tomorrow.
Thanks for looking
Sue

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card Sue. Thank you for joining us at PTW this week.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this card and it would make a great masculine card, too!!

    thanks for playing the charisma challenge!- kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. very you - love all the details you've added, looks like you enjoyed making this one

    Thanks for joining in at Die Cut Dreams this week
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, great image and super punch work. Thankyou for playing at DCD this week.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely card Sue. I love your distressing too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and colour combo and such a beautiful butterfly Sue.
    Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  7. That image is awesome hope now you have re-discovered it we will see more of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card Sue, the colours are so striking yet soft. Love the notebook edge effect - dont know the techie term for it!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!