Monday, 29 March 2010

Dream in green !

This is my card for the following challenges :

The two main background pieces have been made using a resist technique, which I think is my favourite as it still uses Distress Inks, which are definitely at the top of my list ! I blended some Crushed Olive Distress Ink around the edge then I stamped with Versamark ink. The script stamp is a Stampin' Up stamp called En Francais and the border stamp is from an Elusive Images stamp set. I clear embossed them and then blended some more Crushed Olive over the top. The flowers were cut using a Sizzix Bigz die and I've then blended Crushed Olive over them before glueing them down.



The main image is a Crafty Individuals stamp and she's mounted on black card and then on Labels 3 Nestabilities. The white layer has had more Crushed Olive blended around the edge. The word is from a Rubbadubbado set.
My Tim Holtz Compendium of Curiosities arrived at the week end and I've not had time to experiment yet. I wanted to have a go at the Blended Batik technique but didn't have the right paper to soak up the embossing powder, so had to leave it as just an ink resist effect. Looks like I need to go shopping .....what a shame !
Thanks for looking
Sue

8 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous card you complemented the image perfectly with your papers and stamps.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, thanks for joining us at FnF :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love green and love Crafty Ind.: beautiful card!
    isa

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful Sue and such a rich colour. Congrats on the DT post too - I've just been catching up! Well done!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super CI image, that set is really stunning. Im really loving the greens at the moment.

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely colours! Thank you for joining the DCD challenge this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Sue, love the colour combo and the vintage feel, really gorgeous! Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge this week.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Sue, the image and colour combo are fabulous.
    Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!