Monday, 22 March 2010

Easter Rooster !

This is the first ever Easter card I've made ! I didn't have any fluffy chick stamps so thought that an Easter Rooster would fit the bill.....lol.......I'm putting this card in for the following challenges:

I saw the reflection technique in this month's Craft Stamper and decided it was time to have a go ! I inked up the rooster, which is a Stampin' Up stamp from a hostess set, with Smokey Grey Versafine ink and then rolled my brayer over it, so that the image transferred to the roller. I then positioned it over the card and rolled the image on to it. I then stamped the image with black Stazon the right way up. I added some Fired Brick Distress ink to his head. I used the same technique with the grasses. I brayered Stonewashed Adirondack ink over the bottom and top of the card then over the edges brayered some Denim Adirondack ink. I masked off the top image and sponged some more Denim ink and also some Pesto ink along the dividing line. The small button is a stamp from the same Stampin' Up set that I've cut out with the smallest circle Nestability and rubbed some Stonewashed and Denim ink around the edge.





The sentiment was done on my PC and cut out with a Fancy Tag and I've rubbed some Pesto ink over it before removing the die.
The problem with this technique is that you get very, very inky fingers ! I should have photographed them as they are completely covered ! Good job it comes off ! Well I was going to watch Larkrise to Candleford tonight on the iPlayer but I got carried away with my ink, so may be tomorrow night !
Thanks for looking
Sue

14 comments:

  1. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Susie’s Sassy challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous technique! It looks very realistic! Gorgeous Easter card!
    Thanks for joining in with us at Susie's Sassy Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW this is gorgeous, Sue:O) Love the reflection technique, it looks brilliant. Thank you for inspiration:) Lovely colours, fab design.
    Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
    Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what a fab technique that is! You've done it brilliantly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant piece of work Sue - love the stamping. Fabulous. Thanks for joining in with us at Daring Crdmakers too this week.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue, what a stunning card. The reflection technique looks amazing and the rooster is a fantastic image. Great layout and colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Susie's sassy challenge. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the reflection
    Lindsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant Sue, great technique.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is WOW gorgeous! I love the reflective stamping. This is part of the stamping from long ago that is now missing in todays stamping cards! THIS IS FABULOUS!! Thank you for joining us for this weeks "Sweet Stampin" challenge! I look forward to seeing more of your incredibly gorgeous crafty works in the future!
    HUGS
    Rach ~ Queen La Rubba
    I invite you to hop on over and entering my candy give away!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card really beautiful image, thanks for playing with us at Susie's Sassy challenge this week please come back soon
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this, ace job of the reflection technique x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sue - your first Easter card turned out beautiful!!! Awesome design!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  13. great card Sue....thanks for joining SS
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the effect you've got. The shadow worked perfectly! Love the stamp - the detail on him is lovely!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Stampin' for the Weekend. Good Luck

    Kimmi x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!