Tuesday, 30 March 2010

Flower Tag

This is my card for the following challenges :

I started by blending Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive, Brushed Corduroy and Broken China Distress inks over the tag. I then stamped the swirls, which is from the Baroque Motifs Stampin' Up set, with Crushed Olive. The flower was stamped with Archival black ink as was the word, which are both from the Bloomin' with Beauty Stampin' Up set. The vertical strip has had Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint and Crushed Olive blended over it. The main stamp is from an Elusive Images set and I stamped it with Peeled Paint. The words are from a Paper Artsy set and have been stamped with Crushed Olive. The border is a Martha Stewart deep punch and I've blended Brushed Corduroy over it, as well as over the main card edges. The background has had the same green Distress inks blended over it then I've stamped the swirl again with Crushed Olive.

The 3 brads have been treated to some Alcohol inks to change their colour to a deeper one. The main brad is a Marah Johnson (I've only got one left!!).
It's been a real April showers day again today, I was hoping to go out for a walk tonight, but I don't think that's going to happen now. Well I'm supposed to be on tea duty tonight so I'd better go and see what chaos I can cause in the kitchen !
Thanks for looking
Sue

9 comments:

  1. Stunning card Sue, love the colours youve used and such a beautiful stylish brad!

    Keryn in a showery Southampton also!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab Sue, love the colours and that brad - shame you only have one left.

    Oh dear, poor Colin if he's put you in charge of cooking! What's that all about then? Are you getting takeaway and pretending you made it lol!!

    Hugs
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again and Again you produce fabulous work, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, beautifully put together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, my first impression was stunning and I guess the prior commenters also agreed with me. This really is a marvelous piece of work. I love the jewel tone colors you used - they all work together so beautifully. And great job on integrating all those different stamps. The whole thing came out to be a beautiful piece of art. So glad you shared with us at the Creative Card Crew and Our Creative Corner this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stop'n by for a hello! This is beyond gorgeous, it's incredible! The colors are wonderful and the whole design is magnificent!
    HUGS
    Rach ~ Queen La Rubba
    Hop on over and ente rin my candy give away! I will send anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG this is really gorgeous Sue!!! Love every little detail you've added!!! Perfect take on the Sketch!!!!

    Thank you for playing the Sketch with us!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a beautiful Vintage card i just adore the image and what fab details. Thanks for taking part in the CCC Challenge.

    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!