Saturday, 20 March 2010

Friday Sketchers Golden Wedding


I've made this card for an order for a Golden Wedding anniversary. I don't know why but anything to do with weddings I always struggle with, so this has taken me pretty much all day to do ! I'm also putting this card in for the following challenges :

I started by stamping the main image, which is by Inkadinkado, with black Stazon ink and then water colouring it with Distress Inks. I cut it out with Labels 8 Nestabilities and sponged some Antique Linen and Scattered Straw Distress Inks around the edge. The embossed panel has been made using the Victoria embossing folder. I then took the Scattered Staw ink pad and rubbed it over the card. I made the left hand panel by blending Antique Linen and Scattered Straw over a piece of white card and then blending Tea Dye around the edge. I then used my Stampin' Up background stamp, called En Francais, with Scattered Straw Distress Ink.




The background paper is Basic Grey and I've stitched around the edge and then blended Scattered Straw around the edge too. The word and number are just gold peel offs.

Well it's been a really miserable day here today, it's rained quite hard on and off all day. I've had a leisurely day today, I have to admit it's the first day I've felt half human in over a week so it's been great to potter in my craft room. I just can't believe how fast the day has gone !
Thanks for looking
Sue

10 comments:

  1. well even if it's taken you all day it was worth it - very vintage!

    Hope you get more pottering tomorrow
    Hugs
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card perfect colouring and shapes and texture. Its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super celebration card, hope you are very soon feeling much better and back to full health.

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wonderful card, that is so pretty. Love the colours and the textures. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card. I also love the colours and the vintage look.

    LG Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sue this has got to be the most stunning anniversary card ever! Worth every minute in the making. Totally gorgeous.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. a fabulous card! thanks for joining in with us at CCT.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my... what a beautiful card. I loved it the moment I saw it. Great, great job!! Thanks so much for joining us for the Stamp Something challenge.
    Hugs, Denimo

    ReplyDelete
  9. i Sue - it was nice meeting you today. You have some beautiful work on your blog but this card is my fav - absolutely stunning.
    Lynnx (aka Linby)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!