Wednesday, 31 March 2010

I ♥ ProMarkers Challenge #8


This is my first card as DT member for I ♥ ProMarkers. The challenge for this week is to follow the above sketch with the added twist of using swirls/flourishes. This challenge is also being sponsored by Willow Designs and there's a fab CD up for grabs. Make sure you check out the rest of the DT creations !
I'm also putting this card in for the following challenges:

The DT were all given an image to use from Willow Designs and mine is called Winnie. I've rotated the sketch as the image looked better this way round. After shading the image with ProMarkers I then cut it out with Labels 4 Nestabilites. The backing paper is also from Willow Designs and I've printed it onto basic white card stock. Then I've used a stamp by Elusive Images to add a little detail on the centre strip by colouring the stamp with a ProMarker and stamping it onto the paper.




The corner shapes are a Cuttlebug die and the swirls are a Sizzix Sizzlet die. The sentiment is done on my PC and I've swiped around the edge with Faded Lipstick Distress ink (couldn't not use some somewhere!)
As you can see, not my usual style which made it a good challenge for me, and I got to use some ProMarker colours I'd not used before and I really love now ! This card is also quite special as it's for a very good friend of mine who's birthday is today....so Happy Birthday Vic ! I'm hoping that she will have received and opened it by now otherwise it won't be much of a surprise!
Thanks for looking
Sue

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sue - love Winnie!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable sweet card, fab owl.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUUUUTE image....love the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! Thanks for joining us for the Papertake Weekly challenge! x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!