Wednesday, 17 March 2010

I ♥ ProMarkers challenge

This is the sketch for this week's challenge over at I ♥ ProMarkers with the added twist of making your own background. This is also my second GDT week, make sure you pop over and take a look at the fab DT cards.



I'm also putting this card in for the following challenges :

The photo has come out a bit dark as the colours in real life are alot paler than this, but that's electric lighting for you ! I stamped the main image, which is from a Stampin' Up set, with black Memento ink and shaded with Pro Markers. I then used Distress ink on the cream card before removing the Labels 3 Nestability die. I mounted this onto some green Bazill card and distressed the edges with my scissors. The background is cream card again that I've rubbed Lettuce Adirondack ink over, I've then stamped with the Bella Toile Stampin' Up background stamp in the same ink. The flower and the strip across the card are made from cream card that's been stamped several times with the same Stampin' Up stamp then I've blended Vintage Photo ink over it. The flower punch is an EK Success punch and the brad is one of my precious Marah Johnson brads (that I'm fast running out of !).


I've used eyelets in the corners and also done some stitching around the edge to add some detail. It's all mounted onto cream card that I've blended Distress Inks around the edge of and also distressed the edges with my scissors.


I'm posting early tonight as I think I will be in bed soon, I'm still struggling with my headache monster so the sooner I can get some treatment tomorrow, the better ! On a more positive note, I'm loving the light mornings, I didn't need to switch the light on this morning at 6AM....woohoo !

Thanks for looking
Sue

6 comments:

  1. fab Sue - love the handmade flower and the gorgeous brad, hope you manage to replinish your supplies soon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft ! Your card is gorgeous Sue ! Magnificent colours and colouring... Beautiful handmade flower... Just perfect ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful Sue and thanks for joining in with DCM too this week.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, beautiful card. That flower is stunning. Thanks for being a part of Fussy and Fancy Green Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I love the image and flower! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
    Hugs,
    April

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!