Thursday, 4 March 2010

Shaped card !

This is my card for the following challenges :

I started by using one of the mixing bowls from the kitchen to draw round to get the shape for the card. I then cut out the backing paper, which is My Minds Eye, and stamped the leaf with Peeled Paint Distress Ink and Shabby Shutters Distress Ink (apologies I don't know who the leaf stamp is by). The little bee is from a new set of Stampin' Up stamps, and it's been stamped with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The branch of leaves is from a K&Co set of stamps and has been stamped in Olive Stazon ink. The corner detail is part of a Martha Stewart deep punch that I've cut down.




The main image is a Mo Manning digi image. The caption on Mo's web page is ' You're kinda cute' and it just made me smile every time I looked at it so I decided I needed it ! I've shaded the image with Pro Markers and cut it out with a deckle edge oval Nestability. I've sponged Antique Linen, Scattered Straw and Tea Dye Distress inks around the edge before removing the die. I've done the same thing to the sentiment. I wasn't sure about this card at one point and it nearly got put in the bin, but having persevered it's turned out better than I thought it would !
Well today felt like Christmas as I received my Stampin' Up order ! I've got lots of new stamps to play with so I'm hoping for some time over the week end. Fingers crossed !
Thanks for looking
Sue

15 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is lovely Sue, I like this shape too and the image is soooooo cute! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sue, this is beautiful i really like the shape of the card and how you have stamped on the backing paper. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous LOL card so adorable image love the background you created as well, i got that bee it drew me to that set, yet to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Sue, really unusual shape and I can see it catching on! Can't wait to see your SU creations,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thinking on how to make the shape! A gorgeous card with lovely colouring of that cute Mo image. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shape card thank you for taking part at fab n funky

    ReplyDelete
  7. mixing bowl eh? Clever! Pleased I could bring you Christmas to work lovey!

    fab creation
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So unusual.A very sweet card
    Thanks for joining PFP this week
    Love sarah (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww what a gorgeous image and a lovely shaped card Sue. Hope you enjoy your new goodies.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, this is super cute!!! Love the shape and the image

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous image, thanks for joining us at FnF :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW this is gorgeous. Your colouring of the image is amazing. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your colouring is beautiful, love the shape you have used, thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Sue...and just love that image :)
    Thanks for joining the Fab'n'Funky challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cool! Love the shape and he is just the cutest. Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie Challenge this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!