Friday, 5 March 2010

Stampin' Up goodies !

I've had a lovely time tonight playing with my new Stampin' Up goodies. I forgot to mention last night that if you do want to get hold of any SU stash then pop over to Blue Jelly Stampin' as Victoria will give you a very warm welcome! So, onto my card, this is for the following challenges :

I stamped the main image with black Memento ink then shaded it with Pro Markers. I used the beautiful Duck Egg, Cyan and Aegean for the vase. I love these colours together! I sponged Distress Inks, Antique Linen, Scattered Straw and Tea Dye around the edge and used my new SU Spiral punch down the side. I distressed the edges with my scissors and rubbed some ink over the raw edges. The text is from the same set of stamps called Bloomin' with Beauty. I've distressed the card in the same way. I've then stamped with my new background stamp called Bella Toile ( which is absolutely delicious ! ) with Vintage Photo Distress Ink then rubbed Antique Linen over the top and the added some more Vintage Photo. The background paper is My Minds Eye and I've used more Antique Linen and stamped the swirl from the Baroque Motifs set in Scattered Straw. The sentiment has been printed on my PC then cut out with deckle edged Nestabilities and I've used more Distress Inks before removing the die.


The two flower heads are from the Bloomin' with Beauty set and I've stamped them with black Memento ink, shaded them with Pro Markers and then cut the heads out. I really ejoyed making this card, I think it was the excitement of using some new stash !
We've had a beautiful sunny day here, it really lifts the spirits and lets you believe that Spring is on it's way. I've got a busy week end ahead as I still need one or two more cards for my stall on Tuesday and I've got birthday cards to make for my Brother in Law's birthday on Sunday too !
Thanks for looking
Sue

11 comments:

  1. ooooooooh so much new stash on one card! I was hoping to see you use the blooms set as I don't have it and knew you'd do something fab with it. Never crossed my mind to use Bella with it too, ashamed to admit mine remains as yet uninked!!!

    Scrummy, love the blue shades too
    Hugs
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. simply gorgeous this is my favourite stamp set - best wishes Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Sue - the colours and details are lovely!
    Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
    Hugs,
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW gorgeous,love the colour combo and this is one of my favourite stamp sets!!! Beautiful work!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really a beautiful card! Love the colors!
    Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Sue, any Mother would love to receive this one.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A real stunner Sue - fabulous stamping, inking, in fact everything is just so perfect. Love it!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Such an elegant card and such fabulous attention to detail too! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! Love the shading on the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!