Friday, 23 April 2010

An apple a day......

This is my card for the followin challenges :

The main image is from Isabella's Sketchbook which I've shaded with Pro Markers and added some highlights with a white Inkssentials pen. I've then cut it out with Labels 4 Nestabilites and blended Distress inks - Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters and Crushed Olive, around the edge. The centre strip has been stamped with a background stamp from Stampin' Up called Bella Toile, and I've torn the paper and rubbed some more Distress ink over the edged and added some linen twine down the centre. The background paper is Making Memories and I've distressed it around the edges and rubbed some more Distress ink around the edge. I've done some faux stitching around the corners.



The sentiment has been done on the PC and cut out using a Fancy Tag and some more Distress inks rubbed over it.
Well I'm still lovin' this weather ! It will soon be time to dig the barbecue out. I'm looking forward to tomorrow too as I'm going out with my sister for some 'needed' retail therapy !
Thanks for looking
Sue

13 comments:

  1. Really lovely Sue, love how the red apples really seem to jump out at you and your distressing is lovely as usual. Thanks for joining us at DCD.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Sue great tearing , thanks for playing our challenge with us at DCD this week please come back soon
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those apples look sooooo juicy - fabulous colouring and fabulous card!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, this is just too fabulous, Sue! I am totally in love with it. The greens in the papers really set off your beautiful red apples. Your distressing is awesome and the way you have stitched only the corners adds interest to this work of art. I hope you will enter it into Isabella's Challenge too - it's a favorite food challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another Nesties for my wish list! Lovely card and just right for this week's challenge from
    The Daring Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im loving those dp Sue, they are just gorgeous! Lovely distressing too!

    Hope you had a ball at the shops!!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your apples...did same image but yours outshine mine. Great job on coloring. Love all your details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card..love the papers and the colour of those apples is amazing. Thanks for joining in with PTW. Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love how you colored the apples. This is one of my fav Isabella's Sketchbook images.

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous shading on those apples and I'm loving the background paper layered with the stamped background too

    Thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams this week - give me a shout when you fire up the BBQ!

    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card. Love the image and your colouring is just spot on. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly, hugs Bron (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who knew apples could be made so elegant! Absolutely gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your coloring is fabulous! Those apples look so yummy! The card colors and distressing are perfect! Thanks so much for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!