Tuesday, 20 April 2010

Bit more purple !

I think I'm just about purpled out now ! It's not my favourite colour to work with but as this is another card order and part of the request was to use purple, I've had to bite the bullet! I'm putting this card in for the following challenges:

The main image is a free stamp that came with a Craft Stamper magazine, and has come in very handy as the other part of the request was to make a card for a dog walker ! I've stamped it with black Memento then shaded with Pro Markers. I've cut it out with a circle Nestability. The background on the bottom half of the card is stamped with a Crafty Individuals swirl stamp with Royal Purple Stazon ink. I've then blended Concord Grape Versamagic ink and Weathered Wood Distress ink around the edge. The spotty paper is Pink Petticoat and I've blended the same ink around the edge of this too.




I've cut some flowers using a Sizzix Bigz die and a Woodware punch and put them through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The numbers are cut using the Olivia alphabet, and the stitching is 'Faux' using a Tombo pen. The sentiment is from a Papermania stamp set stamped with Royal Purple Stazon ink.
This card has taken me ages to do, I just couldn't decide on what to do ! Right just time to watch the end of Friends (can't believe I've got into this programme !) before bed !
Thanks for looking
Sue

10 comments:

  1. it's a gorgeous card and I don't love purple or dogs!!

    Enjoy friends

    Love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve the colouring on the dog Sue and the flowers are great too, lovely card
    Friends is great! I've just discovered Cougar Town on Tues nights on living and i'm hooked which is a problem as i don't watch alot of tellY!
    Linds xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dog and the colours are lovely. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card!! Love the colors and sweet dog!! You did a wonderful job with this weeks sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at TPE!!
    Sheri~TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely colourful card, thanks for joining us at polkadoodles this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweet card !!! wonderful image ! thanks for joining in our challenge.
    hugs tina46
    swf-team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles in the animal challenge - great fun card - fab colour! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue what a beautiful card love the colours its my favex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue, a really cute image and a lovely colourful card.
    Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles animal magic challenge.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!