Saturday, 17 April 2010

Butterfly and flowers !

This is my card for the following challenges :

I started by cutting out the swirls, which is a Sizzix Bigz Die, and then sponging Distress Inks, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey and Chipped Sapphire over them while they were on a piece of white card. Then I stamped the flowers which are from 3 different stamp sets; Inkadinkado, Stampin' Up and K&Co, using Wild Honey and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks. I blended some more Chipped Saphire around the edge to give some definition. The 2 horizontal pieces have been inked with the same Distress Inks and then stamped with a leaf border stamp by My Minds Eye. The butterfly is from a Basic Grey stamp set and I've stamped it with black Archival ink onto a piece of card that had already been inked. I cut it out then drew around some of the swirls with a white Inkssentials pen. I threaded some beads onto a wire and threaded the wire through the butterfly and secured it on the back. I glued 2 more beads onto it's antennae and added 2 gold gems to it's wings.




The text is a Stampin' Up stamp from the Bloomin' with Beauty set and it's been cut out with Labels 13 Nestabilities then had Distress Inks blended around the edge. The background piece of card has also been inked with the same Distress Inks then I used the swirl from the Baroque Motif Stampin' Up set and stamped it twice onto scrap card before stamping it onto the main piece as I only wanted a faint image.
Well it's been an absolutely beautiful day and I'm ashamed to say I've not been out in the sun other than to peg some washing out (first lot this year!). I really felt the need to have a tidy up in my craft room and actually create something. My mojo took a hike earlier in the week so I was desperate to get all inky !
Thanks for looking
Sue

16 comments:

  1. Sue, this is magnificent! I love all the work you are doing with the distress inks lately. Gradually you are going to inspire me to get going with mine. They mostly sit stacked on my stamping table, gathering dust. Really beautiful piece of DP you created with a collage of stamps and your butterfly is amazing - love the beads! So happy you could have some fun with us at Our Creative Corner this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sue! This is fantastic. Love the background and the colours are beautiful together, not something I would ever have come up with. I've just added a few more Distress Inks to my collection this week but I need some seious practice as it's more mess than distress with me!
    Linds xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful card . I love the colours and the butterfly is gorgeous
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented with those distress inks Sue. This is just beautiful and the colours are amazing - so rich - absolutely love it!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing along with us at the OCC this week. Your card turned out great! LOVE your butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply awesome...Lovely card... thanks for sharing and playing with Our Creative Corner this week:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful Sue, the colours are amazing. Your stamping is fantastic and I really love that SU sentiment stamp,
    I had really good intentions of spending time in my garden yesterday, but the lure of the craft room was just too irresistible:)!
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card Sue, I love your variations in your use of ink. Really inspirational!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a great combination of images and colours, stunning exciting inspiring card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful card, I love the colour combo. Great idea to use the swirl as a masque.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW stunning such beautiful colours and so much fabulous detail on your background paper!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is gorgeous!
    Beautiful colors and the butterfliy is wonderful.
    Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
    Anne :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is simply stunning!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is amazing, love all the details! Thanks for joining us at BG Challenges,
    Anthea & the BG Challenges Team.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!