Friday, 30 April 2010

Glimmer Mist Resist

This is my card for the following challenges:

I started this card by making the two background panels. I stamped the swirl, which is from the Baroque Motifs Stampin' Up set with Versamark and embossed with white EP. I then sprayed Juniper Glimmer Mist onto my craft mat, then soaked it up with a piece of cotton wool and wiped it over the embossing. I distressed the edges and rubbed Broken China Distress ink over the edge. The main image is by Elusive Images and is stamped onto card that has had the same Glimmer Mist wiped over it. I've then cut it out with a deckle edged Nestability and blended some Faded Jeans Distress ink around the edge. I mounted it onto a piece of navy card and I cut around the edge with some deckle scissors.


The sentiment is also from the same Elusive Images set. The bottom layer is from Stampin' Up and the pearls have been coloured with a Petrol Blue ProMarker.

I've had a very leisurely day today as I took the day off from work. I popped into town this morning and then have crafted on and off all day. I feel quite spoilt !

Thanks for looking
Sue

10 comments:

  1. Love the Paris card but really love the one below with the sewing - but then I would wouldn't I!!! Glad you had a nice day off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning image and so detailed too - great card and the background you've created is stunning.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sue. Love that image, Montmartre is one of my favourite places
    Linds xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Sue this is one of my favourites cards of yours, it is truly stunning!

    I love the colours, oh I just love it!

    Glad you enjoyed your day off, what a lovely extra long weekend you will have then! Enjoy the rest of it!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card - love the colours you have used and it brings back fond memories of our time there a couple of years ago.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is wonderful!
    I love the colors and the distressing is wonderful!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
    Anne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card love the use of GMs they are so versatile. Do not know the building or do not recongnise it which is it please?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning card really caught my eye.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful Sue, love the imagery and love what you've done with the SU stamp for the background,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!