Tuesday, 13 April 2010

I ♥ ProMarkers Challenge 10

The challenge this week at I ♥ ProMarkers is the above sketch which is being sponsored by Whimsey Stamps. The DT have all used a Whimsey image, take a hop over to the I ♥ ProMarkers blog to check them out.





As you can see I chose to work with this cat, which is odd for me as I'm really not into cats, I think it was it's fluffiness that caught my eye ! I've kept the shading quite light with my Pro Markers and then I cut the image out with a circle Nestability, and blended Scattered Staw and Aged Mahogany Distress inks around the edge. The embossed piece is made using the Victoria Cuttlebug embossing folder and I've blended Aged Mahogany over the top.


The background paper is My Minds Eye that has been slightly distressed with some more Aged Mahogany. The colour of the ribbon hasn't come out too well on the photo, as it's quite a rich burgundy colour IRL. The text is from the S2G challenge which is to use the word Merci on your project, and I'm entering this card. The background card is from Stampin' Up. I'm also entering this card into the Winter Wonderland challenge which is to do some embossing.
I'm posting early tonight as I'm going out for a meal with a friend who I don't get to see very often. Right best go an get ready !
Thanks for looking
Sue






12 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! This is lovely Sue and I love the Promarker background card too, gorgeous! Congratulations on the Fab and Funky GDT spot too, you are going to busy!!!
    Linds xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Thank you for playing with Shirleys2Girls this week. Looking forward to seeing your work for other Twisted Thursday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a beautiful cat indeed-awesome job! Thanks for playing Twisted Thursday at Shirleys2Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable cat! Love your card! Thanks for joining us in Paris this week at S2G!

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY cute kitty! love your card! thanks for playing with us over at the Shirley's 2 girls blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Sue and love the fluffy cat!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card but not a Christmas card so not eligible for challenge at Winter Wonderland. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh what a shame, lovely embossing but Winter Wonderland is for Christmas Cards, hope you will enter next time
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet! Perfect color choices, perfect bow! Fantastic use of the image!
    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. that cat's got a propper 'tut on' face going on, made me giggle, I love stroppy cats! Somehow this is very elegant too

    Hugs
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply fabulous!! I LOVE the sponging, embossing and these great colors!! AWESOME card!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow doesnt that image suit pink ! fabulous card - just love everything about it !
    hugs
    maddy x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!