Wednesday, 28 April 2010

I ♥ ProMarkers Challenge 12

Here we are again for another fab challenge over on I ♥ ProMarkers and this week it is a sketch and we are being sponsored by Die Cut Dreams.


I'm also putting this card in for the following challenges:

The main image is another wonderful image from Isabella's Sketchbook, and if you've read my earlier post today you'll understand why today is an exciting day for me. I have been lucky enough to join Isabella's DT so you will be seeing a few of Isabella's fantastic images in the future.


I've shaded the image with ProMarkers then cut it out with a circle Nestability. I've then used Distress Inks, Spun Sugar and Faded Lipstick around the edge. I removed the die then added the ink on this occasion. I was asked a quesion on a previous post how I keep the outer edge clear of ink. The answer is sponge the ink around the image while the Nestability die is still in place, then when you remove it you have a perfect border. The background paper is My Minds Eye and I've done a mix of faux and real stitching, the cross stitches are the real ones. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up and I've done another cross stitch below it and added some Distress inks. The buttons are from my stash and I've used some embroidery thread through the centre.

I'm running late tonight as I called in to see my Mum on the way home and after we'd put the world to rights and then cooked tea.......well you know what it's like !

Thanks for looking
Sue

12 comments:

  1. Lovely pink and brown card, only just in time lol. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

    Jo and Tigerlover

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

    Congratulations Sue that's awesome. So pleased for you!

    Love this card, it's gorgeous. Takes me back a bit as I used to do embroidery on hoops when I was younger and then again at Uni!

    Hugs
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Great papers and image.
    Thanks for joining us at CRAFT challenge.
    Magda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at c.r.a.f.t this week
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Sue - that stitching is wonderful and love the little cross stitches in the corners - a lovely touch.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, you're amazing! Your PROMARKER skills are just wow-worthy. Love all the stitched details!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! I like the colors and the cute image. Thanks for joining SSC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, this is a really interesting card. You did a fabulous job laying this out and you have marvelous coloring skills. I'm so glad you are on the design team!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab stamp! Gorgeous card too! Thanks for joining our 'How Distressing!' challenge at Quixotic Challenges! Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue, this card is so suitable for our challenge this week, the stamp suits the challenge to perfection and what a lovely colours you used. Thank you for joining us at SSC this week! Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another great card Sue! Its a great sketch but youve really made it special with your use of papers and colours. Love the stitching, especially the cross stitches, they really make the corners special!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  12. O i love how your card has the image of the embroidery hoop! Great job with the sewing theme! Thanks for joining in with us this week at SSC. hope to see you soon
    Hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!