Friday, 2 April 2010

Layer on Layer technique

I've had quite alot of fun making this card as it's quite messy.....right up my street ! The technique is one that's in the latest Craft Stamper magazine, that dropped through my letter box a few days ago. I'm also putting this card in for the Crafty Creations challenge of 'Anything Goes'.
I started by dabbing Distress inks; Spiced Marmalade, Crushed Olive and Brushed Corduroy onto a non stick craft mat. I then spritzed it with water and layed my white card stock on top. I then stamped with black Archival ink using a stamp set from Paper Artsy called Clocks 5. The next layer is Gesso which is applied with a plastic scraper ( or in my case an old loyality card that I cut in half!) and any excess is wiped off with a baby wipe. Finally, I stamped the swirl from the Stampin' Up Baroque Motifs set with black Archival ink over the corners.




The main text is also from the Clocks 5 set and I've cut it out with deckle edged Nestabilities and used Crushed Olive and Spiced Marmalade before the die was removed and after removing it I've blended Peeled Paint around the edge. Finally I've added some black eyelets for a little embellishment.
It's been great this afternoon having a play with a few things that have been staring at me for ages. We did pop into town this morning and then to the supermarket, as you would expect both were really busy so we did what we needed to and then made a hasty retreat ! I've just got time for some blog hopping before tea, the smell of which is driving me crazy as it's Beef Shatkora....my favourite !
Thanks for looking
Sue

6 comments:

  1. The background you've created is amazing Sue -Fabulous card!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Sue, love your backing design, very professional! Do you buy the real gesso or buy primer paint from a diy store? My DH says I should try a pot of primer but Im not sure.

    Your dinner sounds like a tropical disease!! obviously it isnt!! lol! It sounds hot to me though - I am a wimp with heat!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to use gesso really makes the background fade back. Deckle edge nestie, have to find those looks wonderfully distressed. Likie this very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab fab stamping Sue, you have created such a lovely depth to your background, and I love the really original use of the SU baroque stamp.
    Have a fab Easter Sue,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, a lot of people are playing with inks this week and the results are fab
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations challenge.
    Magda :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!