Sunday, 18 April 2010

Neglected Stamp !

I've been trying to catch up with some card orders today, but as it was so lovely we went out for the morning, so I've only managed the one !

I'm putting this card in for the following challenges :

The main stamp is by Clarity, and I haven't used it in ages so thought it was time to give it an airing. I've stamped it with black Memento ink and shaded with Pro Markers. The background paper is from the Flourishes set by Pink Petticoat. The embossed piece is made with the Victoria embossing folder and I've rubbed Concord Grape Versamagic ink over the top. The very background piece, which you can't actually see much of!, is made using the Bella Toile background stamp by Stampin' Up. I've stamped it with Concord Grape and blended a little of the same ink around the edge.



The sentiment is a stamp I've had for ages and it doesn't say on it who it's made by. I've stamped it with Royal Purple Stazon ink. The word Mum and the number are peel offs that I've coloured with a peel off pen.
Well it's amazing that we've had 2 week ends on the trot that have been so sunny ! I hope that's not it for the year !
Thanks for looking
Sue

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, great to re-discover stamps. Love how you coloured her dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Sue, very elegant.

    Hugs

    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it Sue - purple is so you! I remember you used to use this stamp a lot.

    Glad you've had a fun weekend, you'll be impressed with me - I've been in the garden!

    Hugs
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoever this is for is sure to love it! Isn't it great when you rediscover something?!
    Glad you had a nice weekend
    Linds xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really lovely Sue, I'm sure the recipient will love it too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purple is never my first choice of colour but when I see cards like this I wonder why I don't use it more often. It's really beautiful and that stamp is so elegant.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. An awesome card, it's beautiful. Love the layout and your colouring is gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Striking card and what a great stamp you have "dusted off" for this weeks challenge. Many thanks for joining in with "Fab'n'Funky" Challenges this week.

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab image Sue, its so elegant and I love your shading, just perfect as always!

    Lovely card!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!