Sunday, 4 April 2010

Nestability Easel !

I saw this idea in this month's Craft Stamper and decided to give it a go. The way it is made is exactly the same as a normal easel card, the difference being is that all of the main pieces are cut using a Nestability. I'm putting it in for the following challenges:

The main image is from a Stampin' Up set called Bloom with Beauty. It's been stamped with black Memento ink and then I masked it off and stamped the image twice more. I then shaded it with Oatmeal, Apricot and Amber Pro Markers for the flowers and Leaf Green, Bright Green and Forest Green for the leaves. I've then cut it out with a circle Nestability and sponged Dried Marigold and Spiced Marmalade Distress inks around the edge before removing the die.



The background paper is My Minds Eye and I've blended some more Spiced Marmalade around the top piece and then stamped the flower again onto the paper with the same ink. The little bee is from the same set and I've shaded him with Pro Markers and then used a Scalloped Circle Nestability and sponged the same ink around the edge before removing the die. The word is also from the same set and I've stamped the swirls from a Crafty Individuals set around the bottom piece.
I thought these cards were quite cute as they're only as big as the largest Nestability. Would make great little notelets.....
We managed to go out for a short walk this morning but didn't last long as the wind was so cold, and as I am really susceptible to ear ache, I didn't want to risk it. I've had a lovely afternoon in my craft room followed by a lovely long soak in the bath. Smells like it's time for tea now !
Happy Easter everyone and thanks for looking.
Sue

18 comments:

  1. Wow Sue! This is fantastic. So different, I love your originality
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Sue, I love the shape you have done and the image is beautiful as is the colouring
    Thanks for joining in at PFP this week :)
    Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Sue this is absolutly lovely fabulous use of that lovely set. Did you see we have a sponsor this week? a little link to Craft Barn and you might win the random draw. Thank you for buggin' us at TT this week. (((Hugs))) Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is stunning! The Craft Stamper article was very inspiring and you have certainly made a fab job of it! Thanks for joining us at TT xx Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, what a brilliant card. Love the circle shaped easel card and the images are gorgeous. The colour scheme is stunning. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card! I was inspired by Debbie Dolphin's easel cards too. Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh I love this idea - will be giving this a go I think! The flower is beautiful and I love the bee attached with the swirly clip.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous card Sue. Love the shape of the card and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sue, this is absolutely amazing. The circle easel part is great and certainly something I would like to try, but what I really love is your stamping and coloring. Beautiful job with the shading on the flower and leaves and I really like the way you stamped the flower image on the patterned paper. And of course, the bee on the clip is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Sue, fab colouring too.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice card, love what you've done with the bug. Thanks for joining the fun at TT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card Sue, lovely warm colours and great dp.

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, you certainly have my vote for one of the most stylish but maybe if you get a moment you can pop over to me to see something for you!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for bugging us at Tuesday Taggers with your fabulous creepy crawlies. Great idea for the bug!
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card and so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card!!!!
    Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card and charming blog!! I love the sentiment about time on the card below.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just a thought- can I put a pic with that sentiment on my WOYWW blog for tomorrow? - very appropriate as my sister has a sewing business - check out our blogs and blog shop.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!