Sunday, 25 April 2010

Potted plant ...and a little bit of new stash !

I thought I'd share what I picked up today at the Craft show at Aintree Race Course. It wasn't a massive show but there were one or two little items that I 'needed'. It was quite nice too as I won the tickets from the Craft Stamper magazine !



This is my card for the following challenges:


The main image is a Rubbadubbado stamp that I've stamped with black Memento then shaded with ProMarkers. I've cut it out with Labels 3 Nestabilities and used Dried Marigold and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks around the edge. The horizontal embossed strip is from the Cuttlebug Just My Type set which I'm embarassed to say I bought well over 12 months ago and this is the first time I've used it ! I've rubbed some Spiced Marmalade over the top and rubbed some Peeled Paint inks around the edge. The two background panels have been stamped with an Elusive Images stamp in Peeled Paint and then Shabby Shutters and some more Peeled Paint rubbed around the edge.



The background paper is Basic Grey and I bought this absolutely ages ago and dug it out for this card. The border and corner punches are part of a round the page set by Martha Stewart (bought today!), and I've added tiny gold pearls to the corners of the main image.

I've had a fab week end, I was out yesterday with my sister shopping and then at a craft show today. It doesn't get much better than that !


Thanks for looking

Sue

16 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, what a pretty card. The image is coloured perfectly and I love the papers. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, thanks for joining us at PfP this week with your amazing card. It fits the challenge perfectly and your colouring is so pretty! :) And its nice to read that more people other them me buy stash and forget all about until it just pops up and you remember it as a thing you just had to buy :p

    Hugs Ida

    ReplyDelete
  3. another gorgeous card and fab to see you using your new stash so quickly! Worth digging that paper out - it's soo pretty

    Wish I could have gone with you today, much more fun than looking at cars!
    Love
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Card Sue! How do you manage to ink the embossing without getting all over the non embossed parts? Is there a special tool?
    Love those greens and the sketch works really well. Lokks like you had a good day out, don't you just love shopping for stash! I need to get a new summer wardrobe but i begrudge paying for clothes when it could go on stamps etc!
    Linds xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS card! Love the image, colouring, colour scheme - all of it!!

    Hugs - Judi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card - the image is coloured beautifully, love the papers too :o) I have loads of essential stash that I've never used! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Sue, and a nice bit of stash there too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue that's a gorgeous card,your colouring skills are fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us at PFP this week, good luck.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous Sue and beautifully coloured. Sounds like you've had the best weekend to me and you've got some fab new stash!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a lovely take of ICS#63 ! Great new stash too !!!

    Thank you so much for joining in he fun with ICS this week !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Sue. Fabulous colouring of the image and the design also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love those greens and your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  13. stunning colouring as ever Sue
    thanks for joining us at pfp this week and good luck
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another drool-worthy card, Sue. I am absolutely loving what you have been doing with the distress inks. I really have to get going with mine. The image is awesome too. Your coloring is wonderful! Love the color combo you have used here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been browsing Your blog and can I just say - wow! Gorgeous cards and your colouring is just plain stunning!
    TFS
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous card,love the papers and fab image thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
    andrea

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!