Tuesday, 13 April 2010

ProMarker Background

I've made this card for the following challenges :

I had some fun making this card as I was experimenting with my ProMarkers to make a background. I wasn't quite sure about the result at first, but I'm quite pleased with it now. I scribbled 3 ProMarkers, Plum, Amethyst & Lavender, onto my craft mat then sprinkled Blending Solution over the top. I then pressed white card onto it and let it soak up all of the liquid. Where the ink was mixed with the Blending Solution larger circles appeared and smaller ones where just the ProMarker ink was soaked up. I then stamped the swirl from thte Baroque Motifs Stampin' Up set over the top with Archival black ink and also the small flower from the same set. The main image is from the Bloomin' with Beauty set, stamped with black Memento ink and shaded with ProMarkers. I've cut it out with Labels 3 Nestabilities and the card it's mounted onto is also from Stampin' Up from the Rich Regals collection.




The sentiment is done on the PC and cut out with a Fancy Tag. I've used a white Inkssentials pen to highlight the swirl and use Eggplant Adirondack to grunge things up a little !
Well today started off really well as the sun was out and I didn't have to get up as early as normal, so I had the opportunity for a bowl of porridge ! Amazing how these little things can spoil you, back to silly o'clock tomorrow....lol.....
Thanks for looking
Sue

17 comments:

  1. WOW Sue, this is AMAZING!! I'm LOVING your card for this weeks challenge, background is such a fab idea and the colours, image and your colouring if just beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at PfP this week :D

    Hugs Ida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, what a brilliant idea for your background and I love the colours you've used. Gorgeous image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sue,what an amazing effect. I really love the colours and the way you highlighted the swirls gives such an beautiful effect. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at PFP.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Sue! Your background is incredible.. Thanks for playing at the PDCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful background and lovely image with lovely colors. THanks for playing along with us at PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Sue you've made a gorgeous background. I love the colours you've used and the design also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow such a stunning card, amazing how you have done the background...so creative.
    Thanks for joining us at PFP & good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card! Colours,image, every thing is great!
    xMarie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely interpretation of our colours this week, and your colouring is great!! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe this week! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning,love your PM background.
    Thanks for joining us at PFP this week, good luck!
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm very much loving your background - looks brill! Bet you can't get it the same again!!

    Fab card
    Love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the technique note Promarkers and blending solution have to play with that. Love the blooms set and your colouring fantastic. Thank you for sharing with us at TT this week. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great background technique - I'll have to try that one! Thanks for playing along at the play date cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card! Love the depth you gave all the flowers - great job with the coloring. Thanks so much for playing along at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning background and thanks for explaining the technique. A totally beautiful card and fabulous colours.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. absolutely stunning Sue
    thanks for joining us at pfp this week and good luck
    have you thought about trying out for the pfp dt call? details on the blog
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card Sue, beautiful background!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!