Sunday, 11 April 2010

Sunflowers !

This is a card I've made for an order, it's actually for a man so I've kept the embellishments to a minimum. I've used the sketch over on the Papertake challenge and I'm also putting it in for the Stampavie challenge which is to use some green on your project. The main image is a digi image from the Sketching Stamper which I've shaded with Pro Markers. I've then cut it out with deckle edged Nestabilities and then blended Distress inks Spiced Marmalade and Dried Marigold around the edge.


The papers are My Minds Eye and the edge punch is a Martha Stewart. The sentiment is done on the PC and I've blended some more Distress inks around the edge. The corner is a Cuttlebug die.
We've had a lovely week end, as we've been away and we stayed close to Lake Vyrnwy in Wales. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, which does make a refreshing change !
Thanks for looking
Sue

8 comments:

  1. fab card - beautiful colours. Glad you've had a lovely weekend, so pleased the weather was so good too
    Hugs
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the image and the colours are so sunny! The weather must have inspired you. It's been lovely here in South Eales too today though i've been stuck indoors at my sons birthday party for most of the afternoon.
    Linds xx
    Ps thanks for the lovely award, I was really touched

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue ~ This is just stunning! So gorgeous! Your coloring on this one is just amazing! I love the image! Your Dp is great too! very lovely!
    HUGS
    Rach ~ Queen La Rubba
    I invite you to hop on over and enter in my candy give away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is stunning sue, love your colouring
    thanks for joining us at SAM
    xoxo BA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Sue and what a gorgeous bunch of sunflowers - very cheery and so apt with all the sunshine we've had recently. Glad you've had a lovely weekend away.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wonderful card, and beautiful coloring !

    thanks for joining us at SAM this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is wonderful!
    An adorable image and beautiful colors.
    Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
    Anne :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card Sue, stunning colouring too!

    So glad you had fab weather for your weekend break!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!