Sunday, 30 May 2010

ArtsyCraft week end sneaky peek !

I thought I'd show you a bit of what I was doing last week end when I was at one of the Artsy Craft week end events. This was the main project and took the whole week end to complete in between a couple of smaller projects. The different techniques included metal embossing, embossing and using distress ink, stamping, painting and distressing metal. The rose is made from metal using a PaperArtsy die and I've then distressed it with acrylic paint and some metallic paint.


The dragonfly was a PaperArtsy die which we used to cut the shape from metal and then add the detail.


This square was created using Terra which is a textured substance and when heated to a high temperature it bubbles. What we did to create the square was to paint a thin layer of Terra on the chipboard square dry it with a heat gun and then add a second thicker layer and heat it until it bubbled and then while it's still hot scrape the top layer off. It leaves you with a lovely rough texture and Distress Ink was then added.

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the week end, it's so great being in a room full of crafters plus getting extremely messy with ink and paint is my idea of heaven !

Thanks for looking
Sue

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Sue! I'm speechless! What a fantastic project. It sounds like you had a great weekend. We'll be wanting video tutorials you know!!!
    Linds xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow can't wait to see the whole thing, so glad you enjoyed yourself

    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh, this is just gorgeous! I bet you had a blast making it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing and hopefully it wont be too long before we can get to see the rest!!

    Sounds like a great weekend Sue!

    Congrats on being a fully fledged ABC DT, thats great!!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo Sue, this looks like it was fun! Just my kinda thing! Love your rose! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is amazing. I would have LOVED to take that class! What a gorgeous piece of art you have created here.

    I just wanted to stop by and thank you for being a long-standing visitor to my blog and for signing up for my blog candy give-away. I appreciate all the encouragement you have given me through your wonderful comments over the past year. I am amazed and gratified to learn that people return to look at my work. That is such a compliment!

    Congratulations to you too. I see you are piling on the design teams lately. I'm not surprised, your work is stellar!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, can't wait to see it! The dimension and texture looks stunning!!!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really beautiful details! WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!