Wednesday, 19 May 2010

Handmade flowers x 2 !

Can't believe another week has flown by ! I've combined 2 cards onto this post so scroll down for the one for Fab'n'Funky .This card is for the I ♥ ProMarkers challenge and this week he challenge is to make your own flowers, and of course to use your ProMarkers. The challenge is being sponsored by Simon Says Stamp and the prize is a $15 spending spree. I'm also putting this card in for the below challenges :

The main image is another fabulous one from Mo Manning, I just thought it was so apt as I spend alot of time with my lap top on my knee ! I've cut the main image out with Deckle Edged Nestabilites then blended Pumice and Weathered Wood Distress Inks around the edge. The background papers are Basic Grey and Stampin' Up.

The main flower is an EK Success punch and I've used a Martha Stewart edge punch on the petals. The 'loopy' edge punch is also a Martha Stewart. The sentiment is a rub on. I think this image goes into my top 10 !



This is my GDT card for the Fab'n'Funky challenge this week which again is to make your own embellishments. The challenge is being sponsored by Sweet and Sassy designs and the prize is a $10 dollar voucher to spend in their digi shop. I've shaded the image, which is from Sweet and Sassy, with ProMarkers and then cut it out with Labels 9 Nestabilities and blended Antique Linen and Scattered Straw Distress Inks around the edge. The top part of the background is made with Distress Inks Bundled Sage and Forest Moss. I've then stamped the images from an Elusive Images set, with Archival black ink. The dragonfly is a free stamp from an edition of Craft Stamper and I've also used it to stamp onto shrink plastic to make 2 small dragonflies for the water lily.


The word is from a Stampin' Up set and the paper is Basic Grey. I've used the same punch as the card above to make the flower and punched the petals with the same Martha Stewart edge punch.

Well it's been a really warm day here today and we're being promised that it's going to get warmer ! I think we will be dusting of the bbq soon ! Hope you're enjoying the good weather while it lasts !

Thanks for looking
Sue

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards - the top one made me think of my daughter M - out with the laptop before she is dressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue these are absolutely beautiful. I am so going to try and be more arty! Might even get the brayer out tonight.....!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sue these are just delightful cards - love the water lily image and your beautiful handmade flowers.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two cards and both stunning! My favorite must be the card with Mo's image though, absolutely amazing colour scheme and colouring!
    TFS
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely cards, that laptop image is fab.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both fabulous, but I especially love the laptop lady!! Such a vibrant blue and your flowers are delightful!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore the image you've used for your Sketch Saturday card. She remind so many of us of ourselves. You've coloured her beautifully and i love the flowers!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday. Hugs Jillix

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue - they're both gorgeous but I particularly love the 'Checking FB' one - such brilliant colours (and colouring!) and fabulous layout. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh two for the price of one! Perfect!

    I love the laptop card, it is just so apt for so many of us these days. Love the colours youve used, the blues look quite smoky, love it!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty love it :) :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sue! Was lovely to meet you this weekend! Thought I'd pay you a visit! Some beautiful cards on your blog, love your waterlily! Hope you get some time to craft this week, just going to finish off a few bits from the wkend!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!