Wednesday, 5 May 2010

Isabella's Sketchbook Challenge

Time for another challenge over on Isabella's Sketchbook challenge. As Mother's Day is coming up over in the States the challenge this week is to make a card for Mother's Day or in honour of your Mum. The image I've used is called Geraniums. Make sure you hop over to Isabella's and check out the other DT creations...they are fantastic, and of course there's a fab prize too !

I'm also putting this card in for the following challenges:

I made the background using Distress Inks in Crushed Olive, Bundled Sage and Forest Moss. I masked off down the side of the card and used an Elusive Images stamp to make a border down both sides using Forest Moss Distress Ink. The swirly stamp is from a Winter Swirls stamp set by Hot off the Press which I stamped in Olive Green Stazon ink.




The image is shaded with ProMarkers and I've hand written the word Mum onto the tag. The two half circles are punched from Stampin' Up paper and then I've added the eyelets and the twine.

I hope you're having a good day and look forward to seeing your creations with an Isabella image.

Thanks for looking
Sue

16 comments:

  1. Sue, this is just stunning! those flowers looks so very real! what a beautiful card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, another one of your beauties, Sue! Love the gorgeous background you have created and your coloring is so rich and vibrant. Way to ROCK the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue...what a gorgeous springtime card! Your coloring is fabulous and the design is so elegant. Great card! The other cards you posted today are wonderful as well! ;D Diana Q

    ReplyDelete
  4. This gorgeous card makes me wish summer was already here. The colours are so rich and the flowers just pop.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Perfect coloring and your DP is so elegant! Thank you for joining us for Twisted Thursday at Shirleys2Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow .. how do you DO it??? 3 cards, all absolutely stunning. And I struggle getting one done! lol
    Loving your work!
    TFS
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Sue the colours are really vivid.

    Jackie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Love your image! Thanks for playing along with S2G this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue this is stunning! Love the colours you've used and the whole card is so elegant! I love it! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and coloring! Thanks for playing S2G TT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, what more can I say - those flowers just jump off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card! Your coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us at S2G this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow you've been busy Mrs! Another congrats on your new DT spot me thinks too!

    Gorgeous colouring as always

    hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card Sue.. it's stunning and perfect for the challenge. Hugs, Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is a stunning card Sue, I love the rich colour and the pretty little swirl at the top of bottom finish it off perfectly!

    Keryn x

    ps, do you do lessons??!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!