Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Isabella's Sketchbook Challenge

Well it's that time again for another Isabella's Sketchbook challenge. The challenge this week is to use the colours from Isabella's header on the challenge blog. The prize is 2 of Isabella's fabulous images and of course the winners badge !

I've used the fab sketch over on Sketch Saturday for my card. I've shaded my image with ProMarkers then decided it was little too dark so used some bleach to lighten the grapes up a little. I've used Distress Inks to paint around the image. The border is cut using a Tim Holtz Sizzix die. The background is a Stampin' Up stamp, stamped in Stazon Royal Purple then I've blended Crushed Olive Distress Ink over it. The very background paper is from a pad of Papermania paper that I spotted in the village craft shop.


The flowers are from a lovely package of blog candy that I won and I've used Eggplant Adirondack ink and grunged them up a little. The sentiment is also a Stampin' Up stamp.

I hope you can join us this week and do make sure you hop over and check out the other fantastic DT creations.

Thanks for looking
Sue

11 comments:

  1. Lovely colourful card Sue, great to see that fab image as an anniversary card as opposed to the usual slushy ones!!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply fabulous, Sue! I love that shade of green with the purple. The colors are so rich and vibrant. The vintage look you achieved here is wonderful. You certainly did justice to Isabella's image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, I love your card, My kitchen is full of grapes. You did such a wonderful job at shading them! I love your border and those flowers are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gettin' back to normal now so catchin' up a bit. So much style and an effective card love the colouring and the image. making me think about digital......

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one gorgeous card, Sue. It is so rich looking and I love the colouring. I also love all the different techniques you use when you make a card.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Sue! Love all the punched details and the background stamp. Just perfect! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Sue, I love the deep vivid colours.

    Jackie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. your coloring is amazing - love the different techs you used and that background is perfect vintage! this card just pops off the page..

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! this is AWESOME! *claps*
    Thank you for joining in the fun at Sketch Saturday
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Sue, what can I say?? The coloring is amazing on this card!!! I really love the background script especially! Everything about the card is classy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Sue, absolutely stunning. This image looks like an oil painting. I was really bowled over with it. Well done. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!