Saturday, 15 May 2010

One for the boys !

This is my card for the following challenges :

I started by using Distress Ink on white card and blending together Pumice, Weathered Wood, Faded Jeans and Corduroy. I stamped the main image, which is from a Darkroom Door stamp set, in Faded Jeans. The horizontal piece has had the same inks blended over it and then I've used a Stampin' Up punch down one edge and stamps from the Darkroom Door set.


The background paper is from a K&Co pad and I've distressed it around the edge and blended Vintage Photo Distress ink around the edge. The brad is a gorgeous velvet one from a Laura Ashley set, I've rubbed Vintage Photo around the edge.

We've had a beautiful day today, it's been so nice to see the sun ! We actually got up early and went a walk around a local nature reserve, it was lovely listening to the birds and not a soul in sight ! Hope you've had a good day too !

Thanks for looking
Sue

11 comments:

  1. Perfect vintage gents card Sue, love the photography elements.

    Steady on Sue, you could have been mistaken for some unsavoury sorts of folk in that park at that time of day!! lol!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great one and believe it or not I have a camera like that in my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful masculine card Sue, love your image and papers. Your distressing and stitched detail are fabulous.
    Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so wonderfully vintagy and grungy. I love it, Sue. That's a great image and terrific work on aging it with the distress inks. Fab job on the masculine card challenge! I love seeing you playing along with Our Creative Corner. So happy you could have some fun with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super mens card, Thank you for joining in at Die Cut Dreams this week.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Thank you so much for joining the DCD challenge this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smashing and perfect for the photographer in your life. Perfect layout and colours as usual. xx zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous male card Sue
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards really push me towards starting to think more creatively, I love the way you are able to create pretty much everything from the scratch!
    TFS
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great man card Sue. Love the writing on the background paper and the vintage look you have achieved
    Linds xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning I love the stitching detail and the distressing really makes it :D
    Thanks for joining us at stampin for the weekend and good luck.

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!