Thursday, 27 May 2010

What no Nesties ??

Can you believe it, not a Nestie in sight ! I've got so used to reaching for a set of Nesties when I make a card that it made a change to give them a night off ! I'm putting this card in for the following challenges :

All of the stamps I've used are from my new stash of Paper Artsy stamps. Do you ever get those moments when you just don't know where to start and you've got a pile of new goodies sitting in front of you ? Well I had one of those moments tonight, I almost got up and walked out of my craft room !

I started by cutting the pieces of card to make the background and then blended Antique Linen and Scattered Straw Distress inks around all of them. Then I used Weathered Wood, Broken China and Faded Denim. I stamped the background pieces with Archival Sepia ink and the embossed piece is made using the Distressed Stripes EF.



The main image was stamped using black Acrchival ink and I've distressed all of the edges. I've added some linen thread and buttons for interest (I really do need to go shopping for some more embellishments!)

Great to get all inky again tonight, thank goodness it all comes off in the shower !

Thanks for looking
Sue

16 comments:

  1. This is stunning thanks for joining us this week at creative inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colour and texture, always love how you put different things togather in ways that are striking and work soooo well. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAB card Sue, love the images and the colours just perfect!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this Sue - I'm just a sucker for seaside themes so I'm glad you persevered with your new stash.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great masculine card, love that image. Thanks for playing along with us at S2G this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey..this is AWESOME! glad u joined us at S2G!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an elegant vintage card! Love it!
    SG Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the vintage feel to it! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW. Love this card. The image, colours is just georgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No nesties, but I spot some influence from our arty wkend there Sue!! Fab card, it's great to get inky isn't it?! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are definitely queen of the inks Sue! Fab stamping and fab colours too,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great card! I absolutely love the main stamp! so wonderful, dear friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous, Sue! I love the colors and the way you blend them all together. I haven't done much real stamping in so long and this card makes me want to get my older stamps and ink out and get going. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. PS - I meant to say that is was so happy to see you joining in the fun at Creative Inspirations, but your card had me so enthralled that I forgot why I came - LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Sue this is beautiful, love Paper Artsy's stamps and your colouring is just pefect! Great Father's Day card, thanks so much for joining us at S2G Challenge this week

    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!