Wednesday, 9 June 2010

ABC Challenge - W is for Weather

The challenge this week over on ABC challenge is 'W' is for Weather and is being sponsored by Secret Crafter. The weather that I am really hoping for at the moment is sunny because as you're reading this I am on holiday in Cornwall ! I actually made this card for my Mum's birthday as she too loves the sun and can't wait for the days to get longer. I'm also really happy as I've been asked to join the DT full time, so you'll be seeing alot more of me !

So, onto my card, I stamped the image which is a Tanda Stamp onto watercolour paper, using Stazon black ink, then used my watercolour pencils to paint the image. I've blended Scattered Straw and Broken China Distress Inks around the edge after using Labels 8 to cut the image out. The spotty paper is My Minds Eye and I've distressed the edges and zipped around the edge with my sewing machine.


The sentiment has been cut out with a scalloped circle Nestability and I've used the same Distress Inks to add some colour. The border punch is a Martha Stewart deep punch and the pearls are from my stash, as is the ribbon.

I hope you manage to join in with this challenge and it will be great to see what kind of weather you come up with !

Thanks for looking
Sue

1 comment:

  1. So hope the sun is shining for you have a great time on your hols. Great card, love the punched pieces echoing the beach huts. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!