Wednesday, 23 June 2010

I ♥ ProMarkers Challenge

This week over on I ♥ ProMarkers it's time for a sketch. The sponsor for this week's challenge is Digi Doodle Shop who are giving a $10 coupon to spend in their online store as the prize. The DT were all lucky enough to use one of the fab images for their creation this week. Make sure you pop over and check them out !

I cut my image out using Labels 8 Nestabilities and sponged Shabby Shutters Distress Ink around the edge before removing the die. The background panel is embossed using a Quickkutz EF and then I rubbed Broken China Distress Ink over the top. The centre panel was created using Shabby Shutters again and I stamped with the same ink using a Paper Artsy stamp. The very background panel is made using Broken China DI and then I've stamped a Paper Artsy stamp using Shabby Shutters with Peeled Paint dabbed on parts of it.


The sentiment is also a Paper Artsy stamp and I've used Shabby Shutters around the edge. The flowers are punched from My Minds Eye paper, and the ribbon is Grosgrain from Stampin' Up.

I actually found this little fella difficult to shade at first, but in the end I think he worked out OK. I seem to be in a bit of a green and blue phase at the moment, must get back to some grungy stuff soon !

I hope you get chance to join us this week and look forward to seeing your wonderful creations !

Thanks for looking
Sue

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sue - just trying to do a little catch up and I've got to say a big WoW to this one - the colours are fabulous and what a gorgeous image.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Sue and I love the way you've coloured it too. I'll have to get this image as James' Dad loves Kinfishers. You'll have to give me a colouring lesson!
    Love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue...I love hummingbirds and your card is wonderful. You've colored him beautifully! Love this card! ;D Diana Q

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!