Wednesday, 2 June 2010

Isabella's Sketchbook challenge

It's time for another challenge over on Isabella's Sketchbook and the challenge this week is to use black and white except for the main image. I've used the sketch over on Friday Sketchers for this card. The image that I've used is the Peach Basket and I've shaded it with ProMarkers. I've then cut it out with Labels 5 Nestabilities and before removing the die I've sponged some Scattered Straw Distress Ink around the edge. I've then used Broken China Distress Ink around the edge. The background papers are from Pink Petticoat and the embossed piece is a Quickutz EF.


I've hand sewn the bow so that it would stay together and stuck the little flower in the centre which is from my stash.

I hope you get chance to join us this week, Isabella has some really lovely images ! Make sure you hop over to Isabella's Sketchbook to check out the fabulous DT creations.


Thanks for looking
Sue

11 comments:

  1. Love this, Sue. Your image just explodes with color against the B/W background. That flat bow you created is wonderful. Great work on this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous card and I love the colours popping off the page. The papers you used are fantastic. Your use of ink gives your work such depth.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, this basket of peaches is just perfect. I love peaches and your card makes me want some NOW! The way you colored the basket and linen is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your peaches are yummy!!! perfect coloring - you use pro markers...are they similar to Copics? just wondering - they have beautiful colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the main image just pops with fun and color! makes me long for a tasty peach.... beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow Sue, your card is absolutely gorgeous. That basket of peaches is so colourful against the B&W background. A real winner for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Sue! Love the colours in your image, it really stands out from the background. Love your bow too! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, your colouring is absolutely amazing, the folds in fabric look soo cool!!!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Sue and fantastic colouring.

    Jackie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue,
    I need to go to the store for some peaches now! Beautiful card with stunning coloring! I also LOVE that bow at the bottom! Great job this week as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum...peaches!...and these are colored good enough to eat! Your card is beautiful...this image looks great on black and white. ;D Diana Q

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!