Wednesday, 9 June 2010

Isabella's Sketchbook challenge

The challenge this week over at Isabella's Sketchbook is this fab sketch. As usual you need to use one of Isabella's images to enter the challenge, but with so many gorgeous ones to choose from that shouldn't be a problem !

I changed the shape of the sketch slightly as my cherries didn't look right in an oval ! I've shaded them with ProMarkers and added a touch of white with an Inkssentials pen. I used watercolour pencils to paint the background and the frame, being very careful not to make the black printer ink run ! I've then cut them out using a Deckle Edged Nestability and blended Shabby Shutters Distress ink around the edge. This is mounted on some green card that has been cut out with a Deckle Edged Nestability and has the same ink rubbed around the edge as well as some Peeled Paint and Forest Moss. The background paper is from my stash and apologies I don't know who it's by.

The border punch is a Martha Stewart and I've used the same ink to rub over the edges. The ribbon is from my new roll of Stampin' Up gros grain ribbon. The sentiment was done on my PC and more Distress Inks rubbed around the edge and the pin is from a set that I won from Charisma Cardz recently.

I really hope you join the challenge this week and make sure you check out the other DT cards as they are beautiful !

Thanks for looking
Sue

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Sue. The red and green are such a powerful color combination - the cherries just pop. That Martha border punch is fabulous too - I think that will have to go on my wish list! Hope you had a fabulous vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue I love this card! Beautiful colours, great colouring and borders. Think I want that punch and those nesties! LOL! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Sue, love the colours you've chosen and that nestability is on my list of "must haves" as well. Well done, hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cherries look good enough to eat - fabulous card Sue. Beautiful colours.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the whole feel of your card. fabulous!!! and that punch is one I just picked up, but haven't used yet. thanks for inspiring me to get it out of the box and start punching! grins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow sue this is gorgeous! Love the reds and greens together and that punch....well that's another thing to go on my ever increasing wish list! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I miss this? Simple gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh Sue...this card is so rich and elegant! Those cherries look so luscious! Fab card! ;D Diana Q

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!