Wednesday, 16 June 2010

Isabella's Sketchbook Challenge

It's time for another challenge over at Isabella's Sketchbook Challenge. This week the challenge is to make a card honouring Father's, as Father's Day is imminent here in the UK it's really apt !

The image is another one of Isabella's fabulous collection. I've shaded the umbrella, golf ball and tee with ProMarkers and then used my watercolour pencils to shade the background of the image. The papers are My Minds Eye, and I've used the reverse of the spotty piece as the spots were indented just like a golf ball. I've used Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint Distress Inks around the edge. The very background piece started life as a white piece of card, I then blended the same Distress Inks over it and stamped the golf ball from a Rubbabdubbado stamp set with Shabby Shutters.



The words are from an Impression Obsession set of stamps and I've used a Nestabilities Large Labels die on the side.

I'm also putting this card in for the following challenges :
I hope you get chance to join us this week at Isabella's, I look forward to visiting you !

Thanks for looking
Sue

11 comments:

  1. Sue, this is stunning! I almost used this image as my DH loves to golf! you are such a great colorist! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is wonderful! love reading about what you used to create this - some of them I have never heard of and cant wait to try them! have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love the Layout of this card and the colours are perfect! I think you've inspired me to use my distress inks a bit more! LOL! Beautiful card Sue. Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is just fabulous, I love it.

    Thanks for playing along with Cards for men this week and good luck in the challenge.

    issy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so beautifully coloured & put together!! Thank you for joining us at crafty cardmakers XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Sue - your colouring is awesome and that ball just pops off the page. I love the terrific layout too.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!! the soft colors are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the coloring here...fabulous Dad`s Day Card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a fabulous job with this image Sue... a VERY handsome card. Hugs, Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card Sue, just love the colours you've chosen. I often wondered whether I could use a ribbon on a man's card. You're shown me that it can be done perfectly, without looking feminine. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card, love the colours and the papers suit the image perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!