Friday, 4 June 2010

Just a quickie !

I thought I'd share one of the other projects that we made at the Artsy Craft week end. Because of copyright I can't go into alot of detail but the main thing I wanted to share was the wonderful effect that acrylic paint has on embossed metal. The panel was embossed using an EF and then black acrylic pain was rubbed all over it and then taken off.


As you can see not all of the paint comes off and you're left with this really amazing effect.

We're off on our hols tomorrow so I've got everything crossed that the sun will take pity on us and show it's face. The forecast isn't looking to be very kind but let's face it, it's not always accurate !

Thanks for looking and catch up with you all in a week !
Sue

7 comments:

  1. That really is a stunning effect Sue. Beautiful! Have a lovely holiday.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great effect, really makes the pattern stand out. Flipping copyrights! I want to see it all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a super effect, it looks so aged, its great!

    I hope you have a wonderful holiday!!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very special love the look of the metal not sure what EF is though? Have a fab holiday sure the sun will shine on you all day long xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you've got me drooling again, Sue. This embossed metal is amazing. What a wonderful look it gives it to use the acrylic paint on it. I've got to add this to my list of things I want to try. Oh, so many great craft techniques to try, so little time.

    Hope you have a fabulous vacation. Can't wait to hear where you went!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again Sue, there is a little something for you on my blog, you can accept or not as you choose its all just for fun :) xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue!
    This does not look like a quickie. It's fabulous. I'd love to do a class like this. I bet it was fun. Have a great holiday.
    Big Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!