Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Passion for ProMarkers challenge

The challenge this week at Passion for ProMarkers is books. This can be an image of a book, a page from a book used as backing paper or a card inspired by a book. You choose ! The challenge is being sponsored by Stampeezee and the prize is £10 gift voucher.


I've used the sketch over on Card Patterns for this card. The image I've used is a Serendipity stamp which I've stamped with Memento black ink then shaded with ProMarkers. I've cut it out with Deckled Edged Nestabilities and then blended Corduroy Distress Ink around the edge and mounted onto blue textured card from Stampin' Up. I've blended Faded Jeans Distress Ink around the edge of the blue card and also tipped it with black ink. The background text page is from an old book I bought from a charity shop. I bought the book with the sole intention of using it in card projects, I still feel uncomfortable ripping a page out of it though ! I used Tea Dye Distress Ink to watercolour the page then blended Vintage Photo around the edge. I used an EK Success punch down one side of the page.


The text is also a Serendipity stamp which I've stamped onto cream shrink plastic, cut out and heated. It still fascinates me watching it curl up and then flatten out again !

The backing paper is 29th Market Street I think, I only had a small piece left but it matched the colour scheme perfectly. I've used the reverse side to make the tag piece and used linen thread through the button, adding some faux stitching for interest.

Hope you're able to join us this week, my fingers are still recovering from the amount of entries from last week !

Thanks for looking
Sue

15 comments:

  1. Do not know what to say simply blown away by this card every aspect of it is perfect. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, Sue. Just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Sue! I love the layout it is absolutely stunning. You never fail to amaze me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Sue. Love the colouring of the image and the design also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant Sue - love your book image very much and your gorgeous background.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Sue. Would make such an amazing male card. Love the sentiment. Hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card Sue, love the colours and the great stripey paper at the back too.

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is just gorgeous - fabulous card! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeaous card, love the colours on the books, lovely details.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Sue, you keep blowing me away with your amazing vintage work. I think this might be my favorite so far. Everything about it is fabulous - love the printed page that you punched the edge on and your image is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! this is simply gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sue this is amazing!! So much wonderful depth here. I love the vintage book page, that wonderful book image, the distressing. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is so lovely. I love your vintage style. Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card and your details in it is lovely. The old-world feel of it is amazing. The image is one of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Awesome card. Love the look the vintage feel and your style. Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations with us

    Happy crafting

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!