Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Ship ahoy !

I've made this card for the following challenges:

The ship is from a Tandastamps set that I've had for ages but thought would be great for a Father's Day card. I've stamped it with Midnight Blue Stazon ink then made a frame with circle Nestabilities and blended Faded Jeans Distress Ink around the edge before adding the three eyelets. The embossed card is made using the Distressed Stripes EF. I've blended Weathered Wood and Faded Jeans Distress Inks over it then sprayed it with white matte Crafty Notions colour spray. While the spray was still wet I rolled a baby wipe over the top so that it lifted some of the spray off.



The check paper is Pink Petticoat and it's come out a little bright on the photo. I pierced holes around the edge then hand stitched around it. I used a grid stamp by PaperArtsy as the background for the word 'Dad'.

We've had a lovely warm day here today, just wish I was still on holiday to enjoy it ! I can't believe how quickly holidays go but when you're back at work the days seem to last forever ! Oh well, time to start counting down to the next one, not that I'm wishing my life away !

Thanks for looking
Sue

13 comments:

  1. Wow Sue, this has to be my favourite of all your cards to date. I love it. The porthole detail is fantastic as is the embossing. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card, the detail is fabulous, thank you for joining us at TS,
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Sue, a great dads card!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue
    A fantastic card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
    hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Sue, fabulous papers, colours, great image and your details are fantastic, especially the porthole effect.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at TS.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can i say that has not been said a fabulous and perfectly put together card. Love it! xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sue, i totally love this card. So masculine and i love that image. I love all of your cards but this one really stands out!!! hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous card Sue. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Suzie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning, a little work of art.

    issy

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Sue I love this...it should be framed and would look perfect in pride of place on a bathroom wall...stunning...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!