Thursday, 24 June 2010

Swirly bird !

This is my card for the following challenges:

All of the stamps are from Paper Artsy and I've used Distress Inks, Weathered Wood and Faded Jeans and stamped the bird with Archival Sepia ink. The swirls on the side panel are stamped with Weathered Wood and the sentiment is stamped with Archival Sepia ink.


The lovely swirl is a Tim Holtz Sizzix die and the paper flowers are from my stash as is the metal corner embellishment. The background paper is My Minds Eye which I've grunged a little around the edges with Frayed Burlap DI.

We've had another glorious day today, it's so nice to have all of your doors and windows open. Even managed to catch a bit of tennis too ! Right I'm off to pack now as I'm going to see my friend for the weekend and my Goddaughter. I've not seen them in a while as they live a 3 hours drive away, so it will be great to catch up.

Thanks for looking
Sue

13 comments:

  1. Stunning Sue - great attention to detail on this card. It's beautiful x
    Thanks for joining us this week at the creative cottage challenge blog x
    ((Hugs)) Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful week-end long drive but so nice to catch up with friends. Lovely card that bird image sit so well on the swirl. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, and a fabulous stamp. Love it.

    issy

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is lovely Sue - that sentiment is just perfect and something about those blue flowers really pop.

    Have a fab weekend away, enjoy yourself
    Love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Sue and great colour combo. The flowers lookk fantastic too. Thanks for your lovely comments while i have been ill, i really appreciate them
    Linds xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is stunning, i really love it, well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Sue! I really love everything about it! Thank you for playing Twisted Thursday with us at Shirleys2Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card hun, love that bird.
    Thanks for sharing at The Creative Cottage this week.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is stunning. Beautiful layers, image and the flourish is the perfect touch. Thanks for playing along this week at Freshly Brewed Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card Sue - absolutely love it!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card! Thanks for playing S2G TT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card! So lovely! Thanks for joining us at S2G for our "Something New" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!