Tuesday, 22 June 2010

Your Favourite Things !

This week at Passion for ProMarkers we're asking you to show us your favourite things on your cards. The sponsor for this week is Secret Crafter and the prize is 6 ProMarkers ! You've probably guessed...lol.....but one of my favourite things are my walking boots ! I bought this image from The Digi Shack some time ago for an order so when I saw the challenge for this week I thought I could give them another outing ! I' ve used the fab sketch over at Stamping 411 for my card and I'm also putting this card in for the challenge over on Tuesday Taggers, which is Shoes, glorious shoes. The background paper is K&Co and then for the bottom piece I've used Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint Distress Inks to colour the card then used a Paper Artsy stamp which I've inked up with Shabby Shutters and then used Peeled Paint to add some accents through it. This gives a really great effect making parts of the image seem further away and adding some depth.


The top piece of card has been embossed using the Distressed Stripes EF then I've rubbed Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint over it. The border is a Martha Stewart punch and I've layered it so you just see the very edge. I've used Nesties to cut out the main image and sponged some Tea Dye Distress Ink around the image before removing the die.

Well with all of this good weather that's supposed to be coming our way my boots should get some use, they won't look as clean as these though.....lol.....

Thanks for looking
Sue

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous image, love the little green leafy things all over them. Never seen a stamp like that one. Hope your walking doesn't over heat you in this glorious weather. BTW have you seen our theme over at TT this week? its shoes!!! LOL xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh..love it chick..those boots remind me of the DR Martins i used to wear back in my 6th form days :-)..Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue,
    Love how you've made every single inch of this card design work for your theme. It is fabulous. Nice boots, BTW!
    Big Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, I absolutely love your card. I would love a pair of boots like those. Thanks for joining the TT challenge this week.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE those boots, Sue - I want!! Stunning card - I love how your card totally incorporates the walking theme!! Fab! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow!This is a wonderful card. The boots are fabulous and I love the map, stamping and embossing. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, I love everything about it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun boot image! Love your coloring, too! Great job with the Stamping 411 sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is one fabulous card, and the colouring is awsome..

    issy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your coloring on this card (and everything else about this card) is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful pair of shoes hun, love the wee flowers!
    Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Taggers this week.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super card, love the boots.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!