Wednesday, 7 July 2010

ABC challenge Y is for ....

This week over on ABC challenge we've reached the letter 'Y' so the challenge for the next 2 weeks is ' Y is for You and Me'. We want to see two images on your cards ! This can be 2 images on a stamp or 2 images on your card, you choose ! The sponsor for this challenge is Wild Orchid Crafts and this is the prize


For my card I've used a Mo Manning image which has been shaded with ProMarkers. This is actually the second image I shaded as I managed to drop an ink pad on the first ! I was very calm though and quietly printed off another one and shaded it all over again.............then I screamed quietly !

I've cut the image out with a Labels 1 Nestability and blended Weathered Wood Distress Ink around the edge. The embossed piece has been made with the Allegro EF and I've distressed the edges. The background piece has been made with Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick DI and then I've used a corner stamp from a My Minds Eye stamp set and used Spun Sugar to stamp with. The word has been stamped with Versafine Smokey Grey ink which I've stamped off onto a scrap first then stamped onto the background.

I've made the medallion pieces with a Martha Stewart corner punch using a fab technique which you can find here. The flower is made from grunge paper as is the number. I've used Worn Lipsticfk DI on the grunge paper then stamped the flower, which is from a My Minds Eye set. I've cut the numbers using the Olivia Cuttlebug alphabet, then used Gesso to paint it.

This card is for my youngest niece who's birthday is at the end of July and, yes you've guessed it, she plays the saxophone ! I've just got 3 more to make now so will be searching for more saxophone images !

I hope you can join us for this challenge, and I look forward to visiting you !

Thanks for looking
Sue

2 comments:

  1. Love that fun image, reminds me I've still to colour it up!!! Gorgeouys card
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sue, just love the papers you have used and also your fantastic image. Love your flowers too - very clever.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!