Wednesday, 7 July 2010

I ♥ ProMarkers - Distressed challenge !

The challenge over at I ♥ ProMarkers is Distressing and it was chosen by yours truly ! You' ve probably guessed but I love to distress everything, whether it's tearing, sanding or blending DI around everything. The sponsor this week is Joanna Sheen .The image that I've used for this card is another Mo Manning image. My eldest niece graduates on the 16 July and I need to have 4 cards ready for then, so no pressure ! I've cut the image out with deckle edge Nestabilities and used some Spun Sugar DI around the edge. I've mounted it onto black card and cut around the edges with deckle edged scissors. The paper used in the side panel is actually from a pad of My Minds Eye paper that arrived with a magazine this week. I've distressed the edges and mounted it onto black card and then stitched around the edges.

The background panel has been made using Spun Sugar DI too and again I've distressed the edges and then mounted it onto black card and stitched around the edge. The flowers are punched using a Woodware punch and the leaves are made with a Martha Stewart punch. The congratulations stamp is one I've had for ages and there's no name on it.

Well ...one down three to go !

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

Thanks for looking
Sue

13 comments:

  1. love the cute fun image and fabulous colouring!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. its your composition that always blows me away and how well everything works with everything else, no idea how you do it but the results are always marvellous. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn I wish i could distress things like you do! A great card sue, love the stitching. Thanks for joining us at OSCC and Crafty Catz this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card.Love the image and the colours are beautiful.Elisa.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's Gorgeous Sue - beautifully coloured and distressed!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your colouring is absolutely amazing!!! I started with Promarkers, the only things I found annoying were the bullet nib (much harder to do detail) and lack of VERY light colours. When I got Copics I also found they blend fair bit better.
    Some days I still wish I never got them - they're addictive, you need more and more colours and it's sooo expensive!!!
    Here is one of my Promarker cards from when I was just starting with them:
    http://anothermessycrafter.blogspot.com/2009/04/tilda-in-sepia.html
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore Mo's images and this has been done perfectly, thanks for sharing with us at crafty catz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue, just want to say a big big thankyou for your kind offer to donate a card/s to raise money for St.Wilfred's hospice i am eternally grateful. I am so humbled by everyone's generosity and thankyou from the bottom of my heart. I am no stranger to your blog so know how beautiful your cards i and have been following for a little while now. Big hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is gorgeous, love the image and colours used, thanks for joining in with craftycatz x carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card Sue. The image is beautifully coloured and a great colour combo
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Sue, I love all the distressing and the image is very cute! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely card Sue! I love that image! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday! Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card, so pretty and beautifully coloured :-)
    Thanks for joining us over at Craftalicious
    Hugs
    Tasha
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!