Wednesday, 21 July 2010

Isabella's Sketchbook Challenge

It's time for another challenge over at Isabella's Sketchbook and this week we want to see some 3D on your project, whether that's decoupage or simply mounted onto foam pads.

For my card, which I hasten to add is my first Christmas card of the year ! , I used the Festive Bird. I printed it twice and then shaded one completelly with ProMarkers and just shaded the ribbon from the second one. I then cut them both out and I mounted the ribbon onto the bird. I cut a frame using Labels 8 Nestabilities and the background piece of the frame has had Bundled Sage DI blended over it and then I stamped with the same ink using the swirl from the Baroque Motifs set by Stampin' Up.

The background paper is Basic Grey and the border punch is a Martha Stewart. The Poinsettia flowers are a Quickutz die and I've cut them from some more Basic Grey paper.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:


Just one more thing to add if you don't have any Isabella images, then don't miss out as today there is sale on all images !

I hope you are able to join in with us this week and I look forward to visiting you all !

Thanks for looking
Sue

10 comments:

  1. Well its getting to that time have to start to think about Christmas cards. Gorgeous the festive bird is beautiful add your style and you have a very special card. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous Christmas card. Isn't it great to have a head start on them - one down, ?? to go :)
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful rich colours, Sue, which makes for a very elegant card. It's amazing, isn't it, that we'll have to start Christmas making soon! Where does the time go?!
    Hugs
    Peri x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really beautiful scrapbook - lots of work in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is absolutely stunning! Fabulous colours and layout, I love the image.
    Thank you for joining us at CCT this week! :)
    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful is this? I love the bold, saturated colors and the layout is wonderful! Just a really lovely card.

    Hope you are having a good day!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue the colours are so rich on your card, it is beautiful.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Beautiful colouring, love the papers and your distress ink BG . That punch is great too, might have to buy that one! LOL! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful festive card Sue, the pressure to start our christmas cards gets to us all in time! lol!

    Stunning image, love it!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning creation! Thanks for playing along at Stamp Something this week!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!