Wednesday, 28 July 2010

Isabella's Sketchbook

It's time for another challenge over at Isabella's Sketchbook and this week we want to cool things down so we're looking for blue and green, as well as an Isabella image. I took a step outside of my comfort zone for this card and for the very first time I paper pieced the image. I'm not sure this is something I will do alot, but it was good to challenge myself to doing something different. The papers I've used are all Stampin' Up and I've used Labels 1 Nestabilities to mount the main image onto.


I did the sentiments on the PC and I've distressed around the edges of the background piece with Crushed Olive Distress Ink and zipped around the edge with my (Mum's!) sewing machine. Quite a simple one this week, but I was quite pleased when I'd finished !

I hope you get chance to join us this week and do make sure you hop over to Isabella's to check out the other DT's fab creations !

Thanks for looking
sue

8 comments:

  1. Love it Sue! This is one of my favourite IS images! Gorgeous strong colours, and beautiful layout - the paper-piecing is a perfect touch!
    Hugs
    Peri x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super card, love the bold colours you've chosen and the layout. Wonderful paper-piecing too. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - glad to see the sewing machine in use!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - love the papers you have used and you've given it such dimension and richness with the ink.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect layout and papers and I'm in love with that lush olive bow!!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue this is gorgeous as always! Love the stitching you've done, and the paper piecing is perfect!Yummy colours too! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super job with the tea cups, Sue! I always love your greens and this is no exception. Great layout and stitching too!

    Hope you are having a great week!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this a lot, Sue... glad you tried paper piecing. You did a fab job. Have a terrific day and week! Hugs, Peggy x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!