Friday, 9 July 2010

It's Graduation Day !

This is number 2 card for my eldest niece's graduation day, which is next week. I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

The main image and the sentiment are from Sugar Creek Hollow. The main image has been cut out with circle Nestabilities and layered onto a scalloped circle Nestability shape cut from My Minds Eye paper. I've used Wild Honey Distress Ink around the edge. The pieces around the main image are made using a Martha Stewart corner punch. The background is made using Wild Honey and Tea Dye DI and I've stamped the Crafty Individuals swirl and the freebie flower stamp ( from the Craft Stamper magazine) in Vintage Photo DI. The flower is the freebie stamp which I've stamped twice and then cut out one of them to create a top layer. The gorgeous brad is a Laura Ashley.



I've used a Martha Stewart border punch to create the horizontal strip, which I've blended Wild Honey DI over and added a small pearl to the centre of the cap.

Well that's 2 done, just another 2 to go ! I don't know why but for some reason these cards are taking me an absolute age to make. Well I hope you're all still enjoying the hot weather, it's set to continue over the week end too. Although I do like the warm weather, I'm also relieved when it cools off, I think I'm just about ready for a reprieve !

Thanks for looking
Sue

12 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! Love your die cut and colours! Thank you for joining us at Meljen's - we hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And again! love that hat perfect image and delighfully quirky. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzer! This is stunning! Love the nesties you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab congrads card Sue. Must try and use that stamp as it looks so good!

    Thank goodness for electric fans eh?!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I really like the machine stitching. Thanks for joining in and playing along with LRW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Sue, I love the background papers you have made but i love the flower even more, it's gorgeous!
    Linds xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant Sue, as always.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really beautiful card. And I love your flower. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just all kinds of wonderful, Sue. Love the colors and the vintage feel of that flower stamp. Wonderful work with that MS punch too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Love the border and flower!
    Thanks so much for joining us in our Circles Galore challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
    Dee (Spryte)♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! LOVE it. Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!