Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Passion for ProMarkers challenge

It's time for a new challenge over at Passion for Promarkers and the challenge this week is animals. The sponsor is Simon Says Stamp and the prize is a $10 voucher. I'm sure you will have come across the 'Kickin' it for Michelle' card drive. If not, Michelle was involved in a terrible accident while looking after her donkeys and as a result she lost an eye. If you want to know more about the card drive hop over to A Spoon Full of Sugar where you will find all the details, including how to get hold of the below image.



I decided to make this card in 'cheery' colours as it will be sent to Michelle. I've cut the image, that's been shaded with ProMarkers, out with Labels 3 Nestability and before removing the die I've sponged Mustard Seed Distress Ink around the edge. I've given the sentiment the same treatment.

The side panel is made using a Martha Stewart edge punch and I've cut it from an off cut of the Pink Petticoat paper I used for the background. The buttons are from my stash and I've threaded linen thread through them.

I was going to put this card in for the Friday Sketchers challenge, then realised I'd missed out a piece ! However, I am joining in with the challenge over at Little Paper shop which is Distressing.

I hope you get chance to join us this week and look forward to visiting you !

Thanks for looking
Sue

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I love those colours youve chosen, it looks a little olivey just a bit softer. Very nice!

    I like your MS border design, its really stylish.

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is adorable.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card Sue. Love your colouring of the cute image and fab details also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo love this image, Love your fab colouring and the papers :) so sweet
    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you used all this yellow...I need to make a card for Michelle today! Awesome take on our distressing challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue,
    This looks fabulous. The colour is great & those little buttons are so sweet.
    Big Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning make, Sue!! Love your colour choice, it's so different and so effective! Your strip made with the border pucjh looks great too!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the distressing on the background dp! Great job. Thanks for playing along with us at Little Paper Shop.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!