Friday, 16 July 2010

Today's the Day !

Today is the day that my eldest neice graduates with a first from University ! Proud ?? You bet I am ! This is the fourth card I've made for family to give to her. I spotted the sentiment over on Linda's blog and thought it was perfect. Both the sentiment and the cap are from the same set from Sugar Creek Hollow. I started with the background and I distressed the card with Scattered Straw, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. I then stamped the image, which is a Whipper Snapper stamp, by stamping first onto a scrap piece of paper then onto the card as I wanted a faded look.


The side panel is made using a Martha Stewart corner punch, and the instructions for this technique can be found here. The paper is from my stash and I've paper pierced the corners and the tassel was from Joanna Sheen.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

We had a lovely night last night as the whole family got together to give my niece her cards and present. It really hit home that she has grown up, hearing her talk about going to London and Manchester for interviews. You think they will always be your little girls, then the next time you look they're graduating from University !

Hope you all have a good week end and manage to dodge the showers !

Thanks for looking
Sue

14 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous and intricate card! Love that punching technique but don't have any of MS corner punches :(
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think this is the very best of the 4 graduation cards they are all fabulous this one just has that little added extra something making it very special. Your neice is going to be thrilled at all the work her Aunt has done for her. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so classy....unique design and warm in feel...thanks for playing with the Stampin B's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your niece and what a wonderful card you've created for her. Glad you joined the Stampin B's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful keepsake for your niece Sue. The colour combination is really gorgeous and I love the sentiment.
    It's been lovely catching up with all your fab creations since my last visit, you are the queen of stamping!
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow sue! I love the mortar board and the sentiment! I'm sure your neice will love this xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations to your niece and brilliant card
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue

    Hope your niece had a lovely graduation.

    All of your graduation cards for her have been gorgeous but this one is extra special - and I love the sentiment and the tassel.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful graduate card! Thanks for playing with the Stampin B's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's quite possibly the best sentiment I've ever seen! I wish I'd seen it a few months back!

    Love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous card Sue, I love it and the sentiment is so true!

    Yep, its the younger generation that make us feel our age, thats for sure but what an amazing achievement! Many congrats to her!

    Sounds like you had a lovely family time the night before.

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card especially the colours. Thanks for joining in with us at Incy Wincy Designs xx Clare (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really elegant card. I love the color combo!!
    Thanks for joining us at SAM challenge.

    Hugs
    Giò

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!