Saturday, 24 July 2010

Vintage 16 !

I've had a lovely day today and been able to play and get really messy ! This is another card for one of my niece's who turns 16 next Friday. I decided to do something that I really enjoy doing and that includes lots of stamping and ink !

I used the technique of stamping Distress Inks onto a craft mat then misting it with water and laying the card stock on top of it. The colours I used were Victorian Velvet, Worn Lipstick and Brush Corduroy. I used a combination of Crafty Individuals, Paper Artsy and Stampin' Up stamps and stamped them with Brushed Corduroy. I made the flower from an old book, I rubbed Victorian Velvet and Brushed Corduroy over the page first then cut the large flower using a Paper Artsy Die and the smaller flower is an EK Success punch. I've 'scrunched' it together and used Glossy Accents to stick it together.


The main image is a Tanda Stamps and I've stamped it onto jigsaw pieces with Archival black ink. I then used Brushed Corduroy around the edge then triple embossed it. The numbers are cut using the Olivia alphabet set then embossed with gold EP. The poppers are Tim Holtz Idealology and the lace is from my stash.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

Thanks for looking
Sue


9 comments:

  1. This is one amazing card, Suie! Absolutely my favorite style of crafting. Everything about it is positively yummy! Hope your niece appreciates it!

    Hugs,
    Lind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous the colours are lovely the flower love it and the jigsaw inspired. All in all can see this was a labour of love and that you really enjoyed yourself. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely vintage card Sue. Youve had a perfect day by the sound of it!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous! I love the jigsaw idea. You should enter Sweet Stampin this week as the theme is also vintage
    Linds xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so gorgeous, Sue!!! I love the style. I think the way you have done the image is fab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lot of work Sue, but well worth it.. Its stunning.

    issy

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh love this SUE..i love the jigsaw idea..i shall have to keep alokk out for some :-)

    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW! fabulous work *claps*
    Thanks for joining us this week at sweet stampin
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card,love all the detail thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
    andrea

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!