Wednesday, 21 July 2010

Z is for Zig Zag !

This week over at the ABC challenge blog we have reached the last letter of the alphabet and would like you to make a Zig Zag card. We are being sponsored by the wonderful Lacey and her store. The prize is a $20 voucher to spend in the store.


I'm now onto another project and that is to make birthday cards for niece who will be, yes you've guessed it, 16 !

The main image is another from Mo Manning's fabulous collection. My niece will be flying off to the South of France the day after her birthday so I thought this image was rather apt. I've shaded the image with ProMarkers and cut her out with Labels 6 Nestabilities and then used Mustard Seed DI and Broken China DI around the edge. For the background of the card I've used a stamp from the Baroque Motifs Stampin' Up set and I've embossed it with white EP. I made sure to line all 3 background panels up and then stamped across them so that the pattern would follow through the card. I then rubbed Broken China DI over the top.

The horizontal pieces are Pink Petticoat Fairy Dots in Turquoise and the border punch is by Fiskars. The flowers are cut using a die from the Olivia Alphabet set then I've dotted tiny pearls around the swirls. This card was quite simple to do in the end, and I'm really pleased with it !

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges :

I hope you're able to join us in this challenge and I look forward to visiting you !

Thanks for looking
Sue

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is fabulous Sue, love it.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Sue, Id have never thought of making a folded Z card, my mind went straight to zig zag on the sewing machine! Or maybe thats just cheating?!

    How lovely that your niece is flying off just after her birthday! Lucky girl! She will love this card, its so special!

    If you get a chance can I ask what EP you use and with what ink? Mine is rubbish so maybe Im using the wrong type!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely, Sue. I saw it earlier today on the ABC challenge and admired it, but didn't realize it was your work. I love the way you carried the Baroque Motifs over from panel to panel. Really awesome card for your niece!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!