Wednesday, 4 August 2010

ABC Challenge - A is for August

It's time for another ABC challenge this week and as we're back to the beginning of the alphabet, we want you to think about what August means to you, so A is for August. The sponsor for this challenge is Simon Says Stamp.

I apologise for the photo of this card but for some reason I couldn't get it so the right hand side wasn't over exposed. I'm not one for fiddling with camera's either, very much a point and press girl ! I had the idea for this card when I saw Linda Elbourne's fabulous creation in the August Craft Stamper magazine. August means flowers and sunshine to me (though not necessarily in this country !) The flowers are all made from Grunge Paper and Distress Ink. The large flower is a Sizzix Bigz die and I stamped over the smallest flower with a Stampin' Up background stamp called En Francais and added a brad to the centre. The smaller flowers are stamps from a My Minds Eye stamp set and I've added an eyelet to the centre of them after cutting them out. The 2 large leaves are made using a Paper Artsy die and the swirl and smaller leaves are another Sizzix Bigz die.

For the embossed panel I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder then I blended Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade and Barn Door DI over it.


The sentiment is a rub on and I've cut it out with Labels 4 Nestabilities and blended some Brushed Corduroy DI around the edge. The background card is white card stock that has had Brushed Corduroy blended all over it.

I thoroughly enjoyed making this card, and you should have seen my fingers after I'd finished ! Good job it comes off in the shower ! I have to say that Grunge Paper is becoming one of my favourite crafting materials, the smell of it alone is wonderful !

I'm also entering this card for the following chalenges:


I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and show us what August means to you !

Thanks for looking
Sue

17 comments:

  1. That is such a delicious card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Прекрасни цветове!!!Поздрави!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly, Sue, I saw this over on the ABC blog and had to stop by to read all about it. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. I really do have to get some Grungepaper! And that new CB embossing folder is just perfect here. This one ROCKS the house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fab card Sue, nice spicy colours. I love getting messy and playing with grungepaper. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is absolutely fabulistic Sue! I love, love, love it!
    Wow!
    love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you must have someone very special in mind for this card because you have completely outdone yourself this is simply gorgeous. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your challenge site and wanted to comment on this AWESOME card! I love the "spicy" colors~ and personally - your photo is PERFECT - makes it look like the sun is shining on those rays! I am off to CASE this card!! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Sue - I love it!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue. Love your hot colours, especially on the embossing and those flowers are gorgeous.
    Brilliant!
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous card. Thank you so much for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
    Christa (guest designer)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Sue I think that this is stunning. The layers, textures, colors all work together to make a fabulous look!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sue I just had to pop over from the ABC Challenge blog. WOW, your card is a real statement piece, the flowers are fantastic. And that embossing folder creation looks like sunshine exploding off the page. A for Amazing B for Beautiful C for Cor Blimey, wish I had that talent!!

    Lin xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW !!! This is brilliant. I have been lucky enough to do some classes with Linda - if you get the chance - go! So much fun, but so easy to learn from. Please don't take offence if you find me casing this - just my sort of thing!

    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card - just love the colours, and the layout, adore it!
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sue,
    There's no sun here today but seeing your card on ABC made up for it.
    It's absolutly amazing STUNNING.
    Love it!!
    Hugs cherie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is fabulous! I love that embossing folder and the way you distressed everything. I also love the smaller flowers. They look like they have been stitched. Is that just the stamp? Beautiful job all around. dj1952

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, love your flowers, so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!