Wednesday, 18 August 2010

B is for Blue...

It's time for another challenge over on The ABC challenge and we're now on the letter 'B' so for this challenge we want to see blue creations. The sponsor for this challenge is Secret Crafter and the prize is a set of digital images of her second Manga release.

For my card I used my new set of Aspects of Design stamps. When I saw the freebie stamp on a recent Craft Stamper magazine I knew I had to get the full set ! I've made the background with Distress Inks, Chipped Sapphire, Broken China and Weathered Wood. I've then stamped with black Archival ink. The word 'Visage' was mounted onto black card and then onto foam pads. The swirl is a Tim Holtz die and I've added some pearls and I've paper pierced the corners.

For the flower I stamped some white paper with a Stampin' Up polka dot stamp I cut out 2 flowers using the Paper Artsy Grunge Flower die. I then sprayed them with Medici Mixed Media spray in Wedgwood, scrunched them up and stuck then together with Glossy Accents. The brad is a Filligree from Stampin' Up. I quite liked this when I'd finished !

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

I hope you're able to join us for this 'blue' challenge.

Thanks for looking
Sue

11 comments:

  1. Sue! This is my favourite EVER of all your cards, i love it. Am drooling over it. I want it. I neeeeeeed it! Absolutely stunning work Sue.
    You should be on Create and Craft TV I could watch you do things like this all day!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning card Sue :-) I love this ,, so arty and brillant :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous. a little work of art.

    issy

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooooooooooooh this is so very gorgeous, I love it. You should stick this one in a frame
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, this is just STUNNING! No other words. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious.

    Hugs Tracy x
    P.S. I have candy on my blog if you want to pop over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Sue love the image and colour. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there

    A super card and beautfull colours, had my 'eye' on this stamp - excuse the pun.

    Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week and good luck.

    B x

    p.s Did you know we have a DT call at our sister challenge http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card..x

    Thanks for joining us at allsorts this week hugs Kirsten...x

    P.S Sorry this is late i had major computer problems yeserday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just started following the ABC Challenge Blog and happened upon your cards. Absolutely beautiful work. I had to start following you as well :), Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Waw, this is amazing card. I love the image and background :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!