Saturday, 7 August 2010

Distressed Birthday !

I've made this card for my other half's birthday, I had the house to myself this afternoon so took the opportunity to make it as he has a tendency to look over my shoulder ! I've used a set of Darkroom Door stamps which I haven't used in ages. The text is stamped with black Stazon and then cut out with an oval deckle edged Nestabilitty. I've used Brushed Corduroy DI around the edge before and after removing the die. The embossed panel was made by inking a piece of card with Brushed Corduroy DI then embossing it with the Mosaic EF. I then inked it with Versamark and then used clear embossing powder.



The background piece was made by using Tea Dye and Vintage Photo DI and stamped with more stamps from the Darkroom Door set in Vintage Photo DI. I've distressed around the edges and curled one corner.

I'm also entering this card for the following challenges :

Thanks for looking.
Sue

16 comments:

  1. Great card

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love this Sue. Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)
    Wendy SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, and so true....

    Thank's for participating in Alot 'Distress' challenge!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Sue, love the distress inks and the theme of your card, the sentiment is really lovely,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card and such fab distressing! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another awesome work of art! Loving the colors and textures. Those stamps are so wonderfully vintagy -I think I need the!! Great job with that sketch too.

    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is gorgeous!

    Thank you for joining us at CCT.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful card...Love the sentiment and the embossing....Great take on the sketch...Thanks for sharing with us at Truly Scrumptious,hope you join us again...
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is gorgeous. Thank you for playing at Cupcake. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card Sue - the embossed panel looks great, love the shape of it!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous Sue, I love all the distressing.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sue this is stunning. Just popped by to say hi and I had to tell you just how gorgeous this card is I love everything about it.
    Hugs
    Clare
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sue,
    Just been perusing your blog & what a fabulous amount of stunning creativity you've been WOWing us with. Your art is just amazing & so inspiring. Love it!
    Big Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. All those browns give a real masculine look. I'm enjoying having a look at all these great male inspired cards - loads of wonderful ideas. Thanks for drawing my attention to your blog and letting me visit.
    TFS
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  15. a fabulous card! thanks for joining us at CCT.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sue, I LOVE this card!!!! The texture, layout and the colors are perfect together!!! Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!