Wednesday, 4 August 2010

Isabella's Sketchbook Challenge

The challenge this week over at Isabella's Sketchbook is buttons and bows, as well as using an Isabella image. I've shaded the image, which is called basket of twigs, with ProMarkers and cut it out with a deckle edged Nestability. I've sponged some Scattered Straw DI around the edge before removing the die. The background is made with white card stock then I've blended Wild Honey DI over it and then stamped the swirl from the Baroque Motifs Stampin' Up set with Wild Honey too.


The sentiment is also a Stampin' Up stamp which I've stamped with Brushed Corduroy DI. The organza ribbon is actually an olive green but against the Wild Honey is looks golden. The little heart button is from my stash.

Quite a simple card, which is unusal for me, but I quite liked it in the end !

I'm also entering this card into the Sweet Stampin' challenge which is a sketch.

Thanks for looking
Sue

9 comments:

  1. You are doing the most gorgeous vintage. Your cards always remind me of summer mornings in childhood for some reason, soft warm light falling onto my face through net curtains.
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lush and elegant. I need to visit you when I come to England next month for a lesson in sponging distress ink because you do such a gorgeous job.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the deep gold colors and that sweet heart button is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Such luscious deep colours and I adore that extra bit of stamping in the background - really gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Peri x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh this is very simple but I do love it, suits your style very much, great colours too
    Love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh this is lovely that bow is so rich, the card has all your usual flair. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue I love your DI backgrounds! Something I must try with all those gorgeous colours out there! Simple but elegant card.Love it! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely elegant card! Great simple image and warm glowing handmade background papers. The bow is the perfect touch. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week. Warmest wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! this is stunning I just love the colours..so elegant!!

    Thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!